2018 Bowfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Bowfishing

What do yall say we kick this off for another year. With all this rain and the rivers rising I cant help but to think about slinging some bowfishing arrows since deer/duck season is over.

I’m ready. Just finished riggin out my boat. Can’t wait to give them a try..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What size generator does it take for all those lights?
      Salt or fresh water use?

Comment

Looking good. If they are the leds, I can run for hrs without running a generator.

Comment

I am ready to get back on the Pedernales river and stick some fish this summer. My goal is to have a bowfishing boat by the end of the year. I have always either gone out with someone or run the Pedernales during the day in a jon boat and trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
            Looking good. If they are the leds, I can run for hrs without running a generator.
            I was wondering about this. I just bought a boat and want to do some bowfishing. But want to start small. I was wondering if a few LED lights and an extra battery would do the trick. Any suggestions on LED lights to buy?

Comment

Planning to run the river soon for some fish and will be making a Louisiana trip or three skewer some reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                Planning to run the river soon for some fish and will be making a Louisiana trip or three skewer some reds.
                Yep. Once you've done the redfish thing, shooting carp is kind of blah.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Yep. Once you've done the redfish thing, shooting carp is kind of blah.
                  It is 10x the fun when you're shooting your own dinner, as opposed to shooting dinner for the worms.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    It is 10x the fun when you're shooting your own dinner, as opposed to shooting dinner for the worms.
                    We need to make a run or 2 on the river this summer. I have a bad itch to spend some time there shooting fish.

Comment

2018 Bowfishing

No doubt La redfish is the bomb for bowfishing! Since I moved, I have not had my boat in the water in over a year!! I need to get down to Amistad and see if I can find some fish!

As far as LED’s go, you can’t have too many without a genny. If you have a lot of lights to get enough light, your battery won’t last long enough! Mine are 12v, and I run them with the genny and a 2 converters (no batteries for the lights). I rigged this way because I was concerned about the extra weight several batteries would add to the boat.

This boat needs some time on the water!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Bisch; 02-22-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

That's why tilapia is all I go after way better eating than a redfish Lol

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                          That's why tilapia is all I go after way better eating than a redfish Lol
                          Tilapia is good, but now way better than redfish on the half shell......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            We need to make a run or 2 on the river this summer. I have a bad itch to spend some time there shooting fish.

Just let me know amigo! That was some of the most fun I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              No doubt La redfish is the bomb for bowfishing! Since I moved, I have not had my boat in the water in over a year!! I need to get down to Amistad and see if I can find some fish!

As far as LED’s go, you can’t have too many without a genny. If you have a lot of lights to get enough light, your battery won’t last long enough! Mine are 12v, and I run them with the genny and a 2 converters (no batteries for the lights). I rigged this way because I was concerned about the extra weight several batteries would add to the boat.

This boat needs some time on the water!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed!!! I have a small deck with just 6 lights I use for getting on some small waters around home and it will last about 3-4 hrs. Bigger deck with more lights or wanting to go longer I get the generator out.

Ive never done the red fish trip but sounds like I need to plan a trip for sure!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X