2006 275 Verado problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 275 Verado problems

I know, this is a BOW hunting forum but I'm not one who frequents many other forums. I did join and post this on the Verado Club forums but haven't got many replies.

I bought an 06 Ranger Z22 with an 06 275 Verado on it last year. It ran fine for the first few trips out then I started having some issues. Running wide open the motor would shut down to idle speed and a low voltage alarm would sound off. It would do this periodically and not always do it each time I took it out. I installed a second battery a few months ago thinking this might be the solution. However, the next trip out the boat ran horrible. When trying to get on plane the motor would sputter as if it was running out of gas. I figured the gas in the tank was bad which wasn't much gas to begin with. After this trip I changed the inline fuel filter and the fuel/water separator filter along with the engine oil, added fresh gas with stabil. The next trip out it ran much better. I ran to my first fishing spot, was there about 15 minutes, ran to the next fishing spot and was there about the same length of time. As I was leaving the second spot the boat got on plane but as I trimmed the motor up it shut down to idle speed and the low voltage alarm sounded off. It done this one more time on this trip. Getting on plane wasn't an issue but it seems like when I hit a certain point on the trim I got the low voltage alarm. On top of this the power steering pump is going out!

Any idea what could be happening with the motor?

Iwould start at the battery and clean every cable connection there and on the motor. Other than that I would suspect the stator or rectifier. Get a shpp manual for your motor. It will have the test procedures for the charging system.

Comment

loose or corroded ground cable where it ties back to the starter on the engine.

the trim motor takes a lot of juice when you're running up on place, and that bad connection you have somewhere is not allowing all the electronic fuel delivery to work properly. If you're not generating enough voltage on these new 4 stroke motors, they will shut down. Same thing was happening on my SHO.

just a guess.
      Last edited by kyle1974; 02-19-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

2 stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          2 stroke?

4 stroke

Comment

Sounds like a charging issue. Happened to a buddy of mine

Comment

High pressure fuel pump maybe? Don’t know much about verados but I know on the Yamaha’s the hpfp can cause some issues been there

Comment

Stator is my guess as well. Not providing sufficient charge to running battery. Check grounds thoroughly.

If that stator ever spent any time trying to charge a bad battery (overcharging), it probably got overly hot. They don’t like that. It probably started it’s internal demise. Now the heat buildup from running it causes the tired internals to quit as they heat up.

Just something to look at. I’ve been wrong before[emoji6]

Comment

Appreciate the replies guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X