2016 & 2017 Target Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 & 2017 Target Buck

Hunted this deer hard last season with quite a few failed trips, was beginning to think he was just a trail cam ghost.
    Pulled a long cold sit on my birthday last year, 23 deg. that morning & sat till 11:45 am. Got out & ran to town to grab another tripod for my camera. I did not want to shoot him w/o it being on video.
    Returned & got back in & set-up at 2:00 PM. Another long sit w/o a sighting.
    ( received an e-mail a couple days later with a 1:47 pm time stamp on the trail cam with him standing in front of it from that long day)
    Forward to this season, he is in a different location. Scrambled to get another ambush spot set up. Made a few hunts without a sighting. Finally one afternoon hunt, I saw his antlers above the brush w/o good shooting light & him never giving me a shot.
    Returned for the afternoon hunt on Friday after Thanksgiving. Wind was perfect & temp. was manageable. Laid down some hand corn & settled in waiting for the feeder to go off. 5:00 no feeder, 5:20 no feeder, young 10, Doe & fawn show up, 5:40 still no feeder.

OMG, looked to my right & here he comes, hit record on the camera & grabbed my bow. He was facing to my left & then turned around. Adjusted the camera, one more step, he turns hes head away & took that last step & opened for a perfect heart shot, draw, aim, & let it fly.
    Let the uncontrolled shaking begin ( the reason I still do this )
    Finally able to hold, control, & work the camera, I reviewed the shot- all good.

He Taped out at 175" but the real trophy was the quest. This has to be the hardest I have worked for an animal.

Thx.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice animal!!!!

Comment

Congrats. He is a brute and made you work for it.

Comment

Wow! Awesome congrats. Wanna see video

Comment

Beautiful buck

Comment

Thats a heck of a deer. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on sticking with it and getting a real nice buck!

Comment

Great deer, congrats!

Comment

Did you get a score on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                      Did you get a score on him?
                      175, went down a tad from last year.

Comment

Wow. Talk about a plan and it finally coming together. Congratulations on a super buck with bow and arrow. You have to put the video up now ha ha. That is one for the wall for sure.

Comment

Gotta love it when it all works out. CONGRATS

Comment

Monster buck. Congrats.

Comment

Beautiful deer. Congrats on a job well done.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X