MLDP Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLDP Lease

Is there any way to look up if you're on an MLDP lease? There seems to be some confusion on our lease and I would like to figure it out before opening weekend. Whats the best way of figuring this out??

You could probably check with Texas Parks and Wildlife to see if your ranch is registered. If you are in MLDP I believe you should have already received your tags from the state. If you did not receive any tags my guess is that you are not in the program.

Comment

Opening weekend was about 3+ weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
        You could probably check with Texas Parks and Wildlife to see if your ranch is registered. If you are in MLDP I believe you should have already received your tags from the state. If you did not receive any tags my guess is that you are not in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          This. If you are MLDP then gun opener was still about 3 weeks ago

Comment

We're in an interesting situation where we lease 1/3rd of a property and another group of hunters lease the rest. A couple years ago I know they signed up for MLD permits and we got doe tags, from them. This is the first year we haven't received doe tags from them. Does that mean we cant shoot does with a bow? and do we need permits for bucks? Im assuming this is better questions for a GW but figured I'd start here

Comment

Oh man, i can see the water getting muddy on reply’s on this one......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You could call your county biologist.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  lol...yup

Comment

Just as a disclaimer, we haven't ever shot a doe on our side. Its something we decided because the deer numbers just didnt seem to be there to do it. Which is why we dont understand why we would be an MLD lease

Comment

Originally posted by CisternHunter View Post
                      We're in an interesting situation where we lease 1/3rd of a property and another group of hunters lease the rest. A couple years ago I know they signed up for MLD permits and we got doe tags, from them. This is the first year we haven't received doe tags from them. Does that mean we cant shoot does with a bow? and do we need permits for bucks? Im assuming this is better questions for a GW but figured I'd start here
                      If you are on an MLD lease then ALL of your tags would be issued through the MLD program. You shoot what they give you and do not use your tags at all.

Comment

There was big change in the program this year with it all being done on-line through the Land Management Assistance website. I think eventually that it will be a good thing but I know in speaking to our state biologist that there was a lot of confusion with the program this year.

I would ask the guys I was subleasing through first but if you felt the need to double check them then I would go through the state biologist who is responsible for your county.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                          There was big change in the program this year with it all being done on-line through the Land Management Assistance website. I think eventually that it will be a good thing but I know in speaking to our state biologist that there was a lot of confusion with the program this year.

I would ask the guys I was subleasing through first but if you felt the need to double check them then I would go through the state biologist who is responsible for your county.
                          Yah this is the first year things have gotten a little confusing. And the people we're subleasing from dont seem to know the answers so I guess I'll have to contact the biologist

Comment

The tags get printed online by whoever submits the paperwork for the mld counts and surveys. The state does not send them like they did in the past. I would call the Biologist and he should know the answer.

Also are you sure you all were not on LAMPS permits? That went away to my knowledge.

Comment

There should be no doubt. There should be correspondence to that fact. The changing of the programs probably did leave room for confusion but not that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X