Where To Buy Prescription Drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where To Buy Prescription Drugs?

With the turmoil caused by obamacare the cost of prescription drugs is skyrocketing. Meds that use to cost $70 now cost $200. Find a med covered this month by your prescription card and next month it's not.

Is there a method to go on line to buy meds form Europe or Canada, find a doctor in a foreign country and send him your medical records. We can call this the working people's reasonable care act.

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    With the turmoil caused by obamacare the cost of prescription drugs is skyrocketing. Meds that use to cost $70 now cost $200. Find a med covered this month by your prescription card and next month it's not.

Is there a method to go on line to buy meds form Europe or Canada, find a doctor in a foreign country and send him your medical records. We can call this the working people's reasonable care act.
    Mexico

Comment

Does your plan have Express Scripts? That would allow 90 days typically for the cost of one script or copay.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        Does your plan have Express Scripts? That would allow 90 days typically for the cost of one script or copay.
        this

Comment

I know what you mean I still have a Rx that I can't pick up because it's about $400, and bills need to be paid

Comment

If you are taking some of the common generics or could be switched you should look at Walmart. They have a $4 plan. I think cvs and Walgreens have similar deals. I have patients use it all the time.

Comment

If you know who makes the pills, you could also do a google search, you can contact them and a lot of times they will send you a coupon where the prescription for like a dollar. Some companies do this and some don't but it never hurts to try. Or like docmay says, see if there is a generic that it could be changed to.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                Mexico
                Thought about Mexico but I wouldn't want to trust mail ordering meds from Mexico.

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                No it doesn't but the doctors office has a program set up for this, but not all meds are covered.

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                If you are taking some of the common generics or could be switched you should look at Walmart. They have a $4 plan. I think cvs and Walgreens have similar deals. I have patients use it all the time.
                It was the Walgreens Card that has gone South, and this is not the first time a drug card has quit working. I've tried Walmart and they're just a little cheaper than Walgreens. H.E.B. has been the best but even their prices are climbing.

Originally posted by Hector7 View Post
                If you know who makes the pills, you could also do a google search, you can contact them and a lot of times they will send you a coupon where the prescription for like a dollar. Some companies do this and some don't but it never hurts to try. Or like docmay says, see if there is a generic that it could be changed to.
                I'll give this a try.

But I'm serious about finding mail order medical care in Canada or Europe.

Comment

I order from Canada. canadadrugsunited.com

Comment

I have used canadapharmacy.com. I would price check them for your meds.

Comment

My wife has had a terrible time controlling her cholesterol. After years of eating properly, keeping her weight the same as when we got married(30 yrs ago), taking a verity of meds.....nothing was bringing her numbers down below 250.

Finally the doctor found a med that worked but its $200.00.....PER MONTH!!!

While we could afford it that is total BS so she started looking.

Found a Canadian pharmacy....had the doctor fax the scrip to them and it costs $60.00 for 100 days worth......it ships from India but its the same brand med, same packaging and the same good results.

Down side is it takes longer and is not as convenient.

Comment

I used Canada Pharmacy Online. My blood pressure meds were $100.00 per month and only $90.00 for three months from them.

Comment

My Crestor was like $20 for 30 pills before and when we changed plans it went up to $180 for 30. I went to our prescription site and checked for therapeutic alternatives and found 4 of them. Sent these to my doc and she chose one and that one is free.
                          Might try something like that first.

Comment

Don't throw out Mexico without investigating it thoroughly, some of the drugs you buy here came from there, many are made and packaged here but can be had over there cheaper. I do know that there have been some law changes that make it more difficult for some things. I also know some people go into Acuna and Jaurez monthly to pick up medicines.

Comment

First run your scrips through your scrips through Good Rx

We have used Canadian Pharmacies before and it worked out well for a while. You fax them your scrip and they fill and mail it. You can get up to 90 days at a time and turn around time is ~ 2 weeks. Some of the scrips we ordered from the Canadian pharmacy were shipped from places like Turkey and India.

The deal breaker for us came when the US government stopped them from using US banks and we getting hacked using the new banks. Lead times got longer as well.
                              Last edited by Tbar; 04-13-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X