No announcement yet.

Amistad NPS 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work coondog! Post more pics if ya got em. And I would love to hear the story behind the kill.

Thanks for sharing the pics TGoody and Victor! So you guys are local? Can you tell me are there any good venues for meeting women in Del Rio? Usually we hunt all day and then have nothing to do at night. Are there any bars, dance halls, etc worth exploring? Thx

Comment

Climbed in a little tripod I had set up. My brother had been hunting it and missed a spike about 40 yds. He decided he wanted to look at something different but we knew this stand was in a good area. I had a big buck come by our first time hunting there two seasons ago but I was never able to get off a clean shot. At any rate I climbed up in the stand at 330 pm and was sending some text to kill a little time when I heard a deer walking on rocks. I picked my bow up and a few seconds later this deer walks by at 15 yds. I had pretty good cover and he never had a clue. I kinda rushed the shot a little and hit him high and a little far back. Sometimes everything actually goes right and he ran right towards my brother who was about 400 yds or so away. He saw the deer fall and stagger off after a while. We gave him till right at dark and tracked him about another 100 yds and found him dead. Then the real work began. But it was worth it!

Comment

Nice write up coondog! Congrats

Originally posted by FishnHunt View Post
        nice work coondog! Post more pics if ya got em. And I would love to hear the story behind the kill.

Thanks for sharing the pics TGoody and Victor! So you guys are local? Can you tell me are there any good venues for meeting women in Del Rio? Usually we hunt all day and then have nothing to do at night. Are there any bars, dance halls, etc worth exploring? Thx
        That's a tough question. Really depends on your style. The White Horse Lounge at the Ramada Inn is a very laid back hangout with several TVs for socializing inside and outside. From there people either head to Doc Holliday's or Chaparral depending on which type of music you enjoy. Both places have dance floors and plenty of room.
        It's also very hit or miss on good weekends at the bars. It's either dead or packed and people tend to bar hop until about midnight!

Comment

Here's a couple more pics of the Bucks that run around the 454 area

Comment

Congrats on the buck coondog. I shot this buck friday

Comment

Here's one pic I'll send more later
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Nice buck! Area 5?

Comment

I'll do a full write up when I go back home I got here on the 13th and im headed back home on the 23rd. Here is a pic of him tied to my pack frame ready to haul out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Hard Horn! Look forward to hearing the story. So it looks like you field dressed him and then strapped the whole deer to the pack frame?? I hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Oh man I think thats the buck I took a shot at on Friday.....If you shot him in unit #4 thats him...looks just like him. Drew back on 3 does and then noticed movement behind them. When I looked up I saw him with his nose in the ground. He stopped at about 50 yards and I gave him a hair cut.... Either way good buck..cograts!

Comment

Tgoody, those pictures are all sorts of wrong... LOL.

I've hunted Amistad off and on now for over 20 years (always with traditional gear), and have never gotten a shot at a decent buck. And there you have them eating out of your hand. LOL...

That's just not right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                          Tgoody, those pictures are all sorts of wrong... LOL.

I've hunted Amistad off and on now for over 20 years (always with traditional gear), and have never gotten a shot at a decent buck. And there you have them eating out of your hand. LOL...

That's just not right at all.
                          Yea just swing by the house next time you're down for a hunt. All you need is a loaf of bread a rusty knife and you'll have yourself a wall hanger from Amistad.... lol

Comment

I shot him in area 3 he is an 8 point 16" wide with a busted g3

Comment

I'm planning on heading out there the first week of January. Does anyone have any recent info on area 5 and would it be possible to canoe to area 2. Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
                              Last edited by texaswoods8; 12-17-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I meant area 4 not 2

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                                X