TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
    Snared my first kitty! Taking advantage of neighbors high fence.
    Those high fences are the ticket for catching cats. Of all the snaring I have done I catch more cats in high fences. There is the proof that cats usually go over fences instead of under.

Comment

Very nice kitty man

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
        Those high fences are the ticket for catching cats. Of all the snaring I have done I catch more cats in high fences. There is the proof that cats usually go over fences instead of under.

I’ve actually seen them go through about halfway up the fence several times.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
          I’ve actually seen them go through about halfway up the fence several times.

Yep they were built to jump and not dig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a couple Reds in snares today. Pretty muddy for trapping around here. Happy for the rain and looks like more on the way.

Comment

I picked up a couple Reds in snares today. Pretty muddy for trapping around here. Happy for the rain and looks like more on the way.

Dang man I need one alive lol

Comment

Nice catches!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                  Dang man I need one alive lol

Ha Ha. I will get you one

Comment

Hey Eric, Ethan started his calling season last night, 3 cats and 2 coons. You supply the tranquil. gun and darts, that boy will consider it a personal challenge to get you one.

Comment

Nice pair of reds BT!

I wish we had fox here, but the coyotes have long since killed them off.

With hunting season in full swing I haven’t had much time to set out any traps; and when I have, it’s been raining.

On my last round I managed to get eleven traps out, and came up with three first night catches.

Coyotes were traveling along the smooth track to the right side of the sendero.

The double dirt hole set is on the upwind side of the trail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1960A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	24523404

The next morning.

Name:	IMG_2089A.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	24523405

Dirt Hole Double.

Name:	IMG_2081A.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	24523406

Name:	IMG_2075A.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24523407

This little shortcut trail is only about thirty yards long, and is was being used exclusively by coyotes.

I set three blind sets at pinch points along the trail. The sets produced three coyotes in two nights.

Name:	IMG_1968A.jpg
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	24523408

I make these blind sets for coyotes that have been avoiding baited and lured sets.

Name:	IMG_1969A.jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	24523409

First Night Catch - Blind Trail Set – Adult Male

Name:	IMG_2096A.jpg
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	24523410

Second Night – Blind Trail Set Double - Two Adult Females

Name:	IMG_2151A.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	24523411

This is my biggest female of the year weighing in at twenty-seven pounds.

Name:	IMG_2145A.jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	24523412

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                        Nice pair of reds BT!

With hunting season in full swing I haven’t had much time to set out any traps; and when I have, it’s been raining.

On my last round I managed to get eleven traps out, and came up with three first night catches.

[ATTACH]889048[/ATTACH]

The next morning.

[ATTACH]889049[/ATTACH]

Dirt Hole Double.

[ATTACH]889050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889051[/ATTACH]

This little shortcut trail is only about thirty yards long, and is was being used exclusively by coyotes.

I set three blind sets at pinch points along the trail. The sets produced three coyotes in two nights.

[ATTACH]889052[/ATTACH]

I make these blind sets for coyotes that have been avoiding baited and lured sets.

[ATTACH]889057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889060[/ATTACH]
                        That's awesome bud

Comment

Great catches!!

Man. I may need to have one of y’all come out and walk around my place with me. I’ve been trapping for 3 years, this is my second year on this place and so far haven’t been able to connect on a single yote. I’ve gotten grey fox, bobs and raccoons in my footholds but I’m really hungering for a coyote. Don’t know if I’m setting in the wrong place, if my sets are garbage or if they don’t like the type and amount of lure I use. I do know the amount of time I have to let the traps sit is hurting. Longest stretch I can have em out is about 5 days. Just don’t live close enough to have them out and check them every day.

But seeing all of y’all’s successes is keeping my interest and motivation high! Keep ‘em coming!!

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                            Nice pair of reds BT!

[ATTACH]889048[/ATTACH]

The next morning.

[ATTACH]889049[/ATTACH]

Dirt Hole Double.

[ATTACH]889050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]889060[/ATTACH]
                            great job and great pics

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                              Great catches!!

Man. I may need to have one of y’all come out and walk around my place with me. I’ve been trapping for 3 years, this is my second year on this place and so far haven’t been able to connect on a single yote. I’ve gotten grey fox, bobs and raccoons in my footholds but I’m really hungering for a coyote. Don’t know if I’m setting in the wrong place, if my sets are garbage or if they don’t like the type and amount of lure I use. I do know the amount of time I have to let the traps sit is hurting. Longest stretch I can have em out is about 5 days. Just don’t live close enough to have them out and check them every day.

But seeing all of y’all’s successes is keeping my interest and motivation high! Keep ‘em coming!!

Find sign 5 days is good you have to find that fresh sign then you have better % of catching

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                                Big male in the sheep
                                Also had the gyp in a snare

Do you trap any east of McCamey? How do you go about your set up? Based on scat, tracks? Called in several 10 to 12, but only caught 1 in the trap

Comment

Working...
                                X