Young county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young county

Had a question for anyone that hunts or lives in Young county. What is the rut activity looking like there? I have a opportunity to hunt some tomorrow. I'm excited for the chance to get out there.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

It should be done the last activity I seen was Thanksgiving day. I haven't seen anything driving on the roads and have been seeing does together. Of course there could always be a young doe or second rut getting things stirred up this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
      It should be done the last activity I seen was Thanksgiving day. I haven't seen anything driving on the roads and have been seeing does together. Of course there could always be a young doe or second rut getting things stirred up this time of year.
      Ok thanks man that's what I figured I just wanted to ask others what they have seen. Either way I'm excited for a cold day to sit on a feeder, I can hunt public lands later.

Comment

What part are you hunting in, I hunt near Bryson and the deer have been nonexistent and the acorns are still thick.

Comment

Loving. I've seen a few deer along the roads at night. I went out there last weekend to do some work for some friends. Fortunately I'm able to hunt the land tomorrow.

Comment

Know a guy that hunts there, he has been seeing deer on the wheat in the mornings. That would be a good place to start looking, I see lots of deer in the mesquite flats in that area.

Comment

Peak rut activity at my lease was mid-late Oct. There will always be bucks searching for those final hot does so don’t hesitate to get out there! Good luck!

Comment

Young county

I saw a buck chasing a doe near Woodson Friday night
                Deer are non existent at feeders right now at our place
                A doe was shot last weekend under a live oak with a belly full of acorns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw several bucks chasing last week, but nobody has been out there since Friday that I know of. I'm in Jermyn/Loving area

Comment

Saw this guy after a doe last week, but couldn’t get a shot in on him. Then again, wasn’t trying to hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd be more worried about the fence jumping poachers than the rut. That said the week of thanksgiving was very very slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X