Texas Farm Insurance Adjusters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Farm Insurance Adjusters?

Are there any Texas Farm bureau insurance adjusters on the forum? My wife was in an accident over two weeks ago and we have still not had an adjuster assigned. I know adjusters are still working Harvey, but I do not want to go over our allotment for rental.

Any advice or input from an actual adjuster is appreciated.
    Thanks,

I think I'd be riding my agent until it was taken care of.

Comment

Stay after your agent. That's his job and he should be able to give you an idea or get an answer. Squeaky wheel.

Comment

Texas Farm Bureau is terrible. We have had all sorts of problems with them on home and auto insurance. My advice would be to ride them until they take care of it and then look elsewhere for insurance coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by C'mereDeer View Post
          Texas Farm Bureau is terrible. We have had all sorts of problems with them on home and auto insurance. My advice would be to ride them until they take care of it and then look elsewhere for insurance coverage.
          Our Agent is worthless.. We had already decided to switch before all this went down. I guess I will have to figure out who her boss is. What a pain.

Comment

Ask to speak with the district claims manager.

Comment

I work as a property adjuster for a different company but I can tell you that insurance companies are required by the Texas Department of Insurance to adjust your claim within a certain period of time. If they don’t you can file a Complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance and it’s a pretty big deal.

Ride your agent but also get the number for Texas Farm Bureau’s claims department. Call them directly. You’ll get better results going that route. Your agent is just a salesman. Agencies are like car dealerships. They sell Texas Farm Bureau Insurance but they aren’t part of the company. Just like your car dealer sells Dodges but isn’t owned by Dodge.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by C'mereDeer View Post
                ^^^This!

Comment

Thanks all! I guess in the grand scheme this is a small deal. I have just never had such a bad experience for a car claim.

Comment

Not sure why everyone has issues with Farm Bureau, my agent and his office ladies are on point when I need them. And a local office did me right when I had a roof claim back in February. Course that might have something to do with them being mine and my families insurance agents for 25+ years.

Might get better service if you develop a relationship with your agents long term instead of jumping ship every time you feel like it.

And to the OP, sorry to hear your having bad luck with them, I haven't had anything but good luck with them. Might be just overwhelmed still from Harvey, but you should be able to call the claims center and get someone out. 2 weeks is a little long but it took about a week to get my company vehicle looked at when I had an accident and that was without any natural disasters in progress. It was with a different insurance company though.

Comment

I am with Texas Farm Bureau. I am willing to help anyway I can. PM me if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                      X