Quarantine Grammar Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarantine Grammar Lesson

Since many of us are self quarantined with the Stay at Home Order, it is an opportune time to review the lessons we learned (or not ) in 4th grade :

The Proper Use of See, Saw, and Seen

Present Tense: see --
    (the action is happening NOW in the present)

Past Tense: saw -- (the action is over)
    Everyday I see my neighbor, and everyday he sees me. “I see something lying on the road up ahead.”
    Yesterday I saw my neighbor mowing his lawn. Last year, I saw the Super Bowl in person.

Past Participle: seen --
    (used with have, has, is, was, will be, had been, etc.)
    In the past, I have seen two rainbows in the sky at once.
    Before we had seen ten minutes of the movie, the projector broke.
    In this film, Tom Hanks is seen as a mad scientist who invents a formula for invisibility
    Never ever say or write “I seen.”
    Say, “I HAVE seen” or “I HAD seen.”

Remember: The word seen must never follow directly after the words I, he, she, we, they, Bob, Mary (any person’s name).
    Last edited by Burnadell; 04-09-2020, 12:18 PM.

Using bad grammar inside my home is about all I’m still allowed to do

Comment

I ain’t seen this before. Great advise!

Comment

You grammar challenged can thank me now or thank me later.

I will even except, no...ACCEPT bottles of amber-colored liquid to show your appreciation.

Comment

You needing some Imodium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            You needing some Imodium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I was thinking the same thing, or maybe he fell asleep before that little blue pill started working

Comment

Sadly, there are members of our TBH community who have been AFFECTED...not effected ...by this economic calamity.

I thought it would be helpful in their job interviews if they presented themselves as having at least an elementary grasp of the basic tenets of grammar. Hopefully, this little lesson, if applied correctly, rather than ridiculed , might, just might, reflect favorably on the job candidate...enough to move him/her above the next candidate that does not think it is important to speak or write correctly.

Important reminder: For those of you who want to demonstrate their sincere appreciation for my attitude of caring about them so they can present themselves in a positive, edumacated manner, I tend to lean towards the finer grades of adult beverages. :

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                I was thinking the same thing, or maybe he fell asleep before that little blue pill started working
                Maybe Geritol, it's an amber color- I think.

Comment

I even seen where the Pope has an agenda

Comment

I seent what you did there....

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      Maybe Geritol, it's an amber color- I think.
                      Oh no! I must correct this gross misunderstanding!

Click image for larger version

Name:	63D43D15-F504-4080-A8FF-FE65A47CF1E5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	24613678

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        You grammar challenged can thank me now or thank me later.

I will even except, no...ACCEPT bottles of amber-colored liquid to show your appreciation.

Dang Randy, you're one strange dude!! I ain't never seen nobody ask to be paid for in bottles of urine!!

Comment

Y'all can PM me for my address to ship my care packages. To all of you who/whom/to whom I have helped with this Public Service Announcement in your time of need, well...you are welcome. As they say, "a good deed never goes unpunished."

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie!

Comment

"Then" and "Than" bothers me more than all the other errors combined.

Comment

I am failing to see why you prefaced this post with being quarantined???

I was under impression you sat at home posting things like this all the time...

Comment

Working...
                              X