Florida deputy refused to engage school shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
    I know I was just screwing around, shoot me PM when your coming up. Maybe we can grab a beer or catch a few trout.
    I appreciate the offer. I love trout but I am heading to the Silverton area. Stay safe up there.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Tax payers can only stand so much of their money going to things other than their families. To pay public service employees twice what we make now would mean HUGE tax increases. I dont see that going over very well
      I agree^^^ You can make more somewhere else! You want to stand in the gap do your job!

Comment

Hesitation is one thing but to not do a damm thing for over 4 minutes is cowardice plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
          Ok, but when you step up to the plate you better produce! I was making $13K a year as a grunt invading Iraq in 2003! My salary didn’t keep me from doing my job then or when I went to Special Forces! You accept the job or spend your time watching Lethal Weapon on the weekends selling insurance period!

I have to agree here. My paycheck has no bearing on how I do my job.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I believe hero's are everywhere...the multiple stories of that coach using his body to shield students & the teen shot holding open the door to help others hide??

There was no training involved for those actions...I feel there is some sort of hard wire hiding in some folks that somehow gets connected when a shtf unfolds.

Comment

It shouldn't but it sure will effect whos applying!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Tax payers can only stand so much of their money going to things other than their families. To pay public service employees twice what we make now would mean HUGE tax increases. I dont see that going over very well

Your right, but if people knew what their taxes were actually spent on this would be a non issue because their would be lots less waste and more put where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                  I agree^^^ You can make more somewhere else! You want to stand in the gap do your job!
                  Airborne, brother. I agree with that. I was a dumb grunt in the 82nd making $350 dollars a month. It wasn't about the money. That man will have to answer for his actions someday. Sad deal all around, it makes it worse to hear news like this.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    I have to agree here. My paycheck has no bearing on how I do my job.

Sierracharlie out…

There are very few out there that can say this honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Same thing happened at Columbine. Their reasoning was the hallways could be boobie trapped.
                        Columbine was a different situation. It was one of the first of this type of mass shootings. Cops were trained at that time to set up perimeters and call SWAT and negotiators. When you're in a high stress situation you either resort to "fight or flight" or prior training. They resorted to training. Things changed after Columbine. Active shooter training now is to immediately address the threat. I hate to judge without all the facts, but it sounds to me like cowardice.

Having just lost a fellow officer (and friend) a couple of weeks ago, I am proud to say I work with some of the best. The heroics displayed by some of my fellow officers will hopefully come out in the coming days. I have no reservations in saying that none of the people I work with would have done what is alleged with this deputy. He was either in the wrong line of work, or long overdue for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Would this be considered crime evidence?
                          Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Absolutely.
                            Yeh. I'm not entirely sure why i asked that. [emoji15]
                            Thanks

Comment

Dereliction of duty on that scale should result in loss of all pay and allowances. Retirement included.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                                I can not comprehend this, if in face it is true. I assume it is as he was suspended then now resigns.

If you wanna flip effin burgers then fine but don't get into LE. I keep thinking "what if" he had engaged with that psychopath POS at that school. Could he have killed him? wounded, made him fled?

Any of you with LE experience and have been thru the active shooter classes you know there is no time. The perfect scenario is get a team then go in. There are no perfect scenarios though there were 17 kids killed. SMH.......

As a consequence, Scott Peterson, on duty as the school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, resigned from the department, said Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who earlier has suspended the officer from the force. He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

Israel said he decided to suspend Peterson after viewing a video that showed the deputy’s actions during the rampage that killed 17 people. A former student Nikolas Cruz, 19, is accused of carrying out the attack with an AR-15-style assault weapon.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” said Israel. The building is popularly known as “the freshman building.”

Israel said he would not release the video that shows Peterson’s actions at this time and may never do so, “depending on the prosecution and criminal case.”
                                Thread by @TheLastRefuge2: "1. Watch this video. People don't understand how Broward County School Sheriff Officers operate. I'll explain. 2.months in 2012, 2013 and 2014 investigating Broward and Miami-Dade school policies and how those policies tra […]"

Comment

Working...
                                X