No announcement yet.

how much hand corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a feeder close, 200yds. No hogs, have cows but they stay outta the woodline for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
      Not a feeder close, 200yds. No hogs, have cows but they stay outta the woodline for the most part.

Ill grab 2 at buccees on the way through. In brownwood btw

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
        50-100 lbs depending on deer density can get wiped out in two days or a week. If hogs find it can get cleaned out overnight
        Or turkeys--

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          I normally just fill a one gallon zip lock bag. Just because it's easy to carry and if you spread it out, it'll last a good while.
          This is what I do when I'm hunting a feeder.

Comment

Get a back pack about the size college kids tote their book in, fill it to the top, that's typically about 20 lbs. Pour a bottle of vanilla in it and mix.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              Or turkeys--
              man im not big on hunting turkeys, in fact only one on our lease that doesnt care for them. so of course they flock to my area, i mean flock. i thought cows were eating all the corn until i watched the turkeys eat it........they ate 10lbs in 2mins..........not a kernel left.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Get a back pack about the size college kids tote their book in, fill it to the top, that's typically about 20 lbs. Pour a bottle of vanilla in it and mix.
                the spot im going to corn is in the middle of a "road"....just gonna drive in and pour....

Comment

I wouldn’t waste my time with 10 lbs, I would do a bag at minimum.

Comment

9,783 kernels should be just about right.

Comment

There is an old saying, "HE WHO FEEDS THE MOST, SEES THE MOST".

I would put out a 50# bag at a time, minimum.

Comment

ok then, spread it out, in a line, pile?....

Comment

This time of year its as much as i can fit in a 2 gallon bag.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                            the spot im going to corn is in the middle of a "road"....just gonna drive in and pour....
                            100lbs, Spread it around good...in the tall grass, in a cactus, under rocks.

Comment

In a line parallel to your line of sight, helps line them up broadside for a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                100lbs, Spread it around good...in the tall grass, in a cactus, under rocks.
                                This is it.^^^ tall grass, brush, cactus... I use 1/4 bag whenever I hand corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X