Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they just removed the rain from the forecast in my area

Comment

Around DFW we have a pretty good chance of rain Wednesday Thursday Friday. Is that in the forecast for Central Texas? It won’t be a drought-breaker but can sure use it.

Edit - looks like my question was being answered as I asked it

Comment

I am with you brother. I hunt in NW Menard county and this seems to be 2011 all over again. I keep up with the rain using LCRA website and the best I can tell we have had about 8 inches. The landscape looks really bad. After two good years, I felt like we had finally recovered from 2011, but that may have been premature. Prayers up for a big rain event soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Getting bad here in Robertson county. It seems as bad as 2011 but seems like it got this dry faster than then.
          I was in San Angelo Memorial day 2011.It was 112 degrees that day.Hit 100,or more everyday til the first part of October.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Brush hogged early this morning before all the moisture burned off.

Comment

I dare not shred my pastures, my cows may have to eat the goatweeds like back in 2011.
              It's hay rationing time and cubing 3-4 times a week until the next flood!

Comment

No cattle or livestock on the property. Farmer square bailed all the wheat and corn stalk.

Comment

My place in Cisco in Eastland is worse than the 2011 drought. Two of my three tanks are dry. I’ve only mowed around the house 1 time all spring and summer! Everything coming out of the ground is dead or distressed.

Comment

CenTex drought

I made a trip up to Bastrop on Friday on 183 from Refugio, and was surprised how green some areas were, and how dry it was getting up around Bastrop. We’ve been dry around Corpus, but mid June rains, and sporadic showers are helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya'll ever read about Noah's Flood?? We got a half inch.

Praying for rain, every day.

Comment

Forecast that I looked at (couple different sites) this morning is showing a chance of rain for the Mason area starting later this week and then the chances of rain lasting for a few days. Not any where near 100 percent every day but at least a chance. I sure hope all the hill country and surrounding areas get some much needed rain.
                        Last edited by BradBryant1000; 08-06-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Drove through Burnet, Llano, Mason, Junction on my way to the hunting ranch. Really bad through there. idn't realize how sry iy had gotten. Out at the ranch very dry too. Not many deer showing up on camera either. Guess they have moved on to the water holes if they can find any. We need a Harvey like rain in central Texas minis the damage.

Comment

They removed the chances for rain in Fburg/Llano yesterday and this morning they're back Thursday - Monday. Really hope it happens.

Texas turning into a dessert.

Comment

This weekend at the ranch. One picture taken in the Fall the other this past Friday!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	38411977_853884154800098_1593731474417254400_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	24547779

Click image for larger version

Name:	38404673_853884158133431_3735528869185191936_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	24547780

Comment

I am a little concerned about the deer at the farm. Spent about an hour shooting some of my reloads at my shooting range. When I packed up and headed back to the house there were deer at the feeder just 200 yards away. How desperate could they be?

Comment

Working...
                                X