What quiver style do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What quiver style do you use?

I've used a bow quiver, didn't like the added weight(huge plastic and foam 8 arrow) Switched to a back quiver, not the best crawling through the brush, got a belt quiver I'm liking but it doesn't protect the fletching from the elements(love hunting in the rain). Thinking of trying a safari tuff side quiver next. What're ya'll using?

I use a Big Jim's bow quiver. I like it because it's quiet, the arrows are easily accessible, and it doesn't add much weight at all.

But for 3D shoots, I use a hip quiver so I can carry more arrows. The only thing I don't like it is that the arrows snag on stuff when I'm climbing through the brush looking for arrows, and the arrows rattle around a lot when I'm walking, and they bounce around on my leg.

Comment

I've always built my own quivers and there have been many over the last 5 decades. The last one I built just seemed perfect for me in every way and I haven't built one in about 15 years now. It has a strap that goes over the shoulder and hangs along my right side and holds 10 arrows on a Martin angled arrow bar. I have a water proof bag that I've sewed the little metal arrow clips into that goes over the fletching and clips to 2 arrows. I can go through brush and even fences with it. It can hang just about any where in the stand. The pictures show it with and with out the fletching cover and hanging on me.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm currently using this one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Big Jim's 4 arrow for me.

Comment

Mike Yancey Plains quiver

Comment

This is the side quiver I have - really like it
              Click image for larger version

Name:	quiv.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	24331401

Comment

I prefer the Matthews T5. I like it because it is bow mounted for carrying around but yet removable in the stand with no tools. It is very light and quite taking on/off.
                Attached Files

Comment

Back Quiver Hill Style, Bow quiver on Recurve

Comment

Here is some info on using a back quiver in the woods. Some people try a back quiver and give up on it. The quiver needs to be loose enough to swing under your arm. Using one is a skill set that takes just some time and just a bit of effort to learn. It is still the quickest way to get an arrow on the bowstring in the hands of the skilled bowman, that can be of great advantage on a followup shot. Any back quiver that is "tied to you" with two straps may be fine on the range, but forget it in the woods.

Comment

I use a bow quiver that will come of easily if hunting in any kind of stand ( i do not hunt with a quiver on the bow and I take it off when I get situated in a stand). if I was going to do some kind of spot and stalk hunting, like elk hunting or still hunting, I would use a quiver similar to Draco or Phillip Fields.

Bisch

Comment

I use a bow mounted quiver for a couple of reasons:

1) Added weight to the bow promotes more stability.
                        2) Arrows are in front of you with very easy access if you need a back-up shot. You can reload without moving your eyes from your intended target.
                        3) I use both Selway and Kanati 4 Arrow strap-on quivers but really prefer the Selway. The quiver itself is only about 6 oz. and with 4 arrows, the added weight is minimal.

Best of luck to ya.

Doug

Comment

you know I use a back or pocket quiver but you are right with crawling through the brush... you can always tuck a back quiver under your arm though... line the inside with a rabbit or two to soften the arrow noise maybe.... let me know you need someone to come with you to collect a few bunnies

Jon

edit: just listen to Jeff on the BQ

Comment

Originally posted by Shough View Post
                            I prefer the Matthews T5. I like it because it is bow mounted for carrying around but yet removable in the stand with no tools. It is very light and quite taking on/off.
                            This for my Helim. Then I take it off the bow when I get in the stand.

Comment

I used a Cat Quiver of one model or another for a bunch of years.. Always worked well for me, in the brush of S. Texas, the mountains of Colorado, the briars of E. Texas and the oaks of the hill country...

Comment

Working...
                              X