No announcement yet.

Deer at feeder when walking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear black in my box blinds so I hope they think I'm a big ol heifer moving through.

I haven't mooed yet but some usually come back.. of course I'm not sure if it was those actual deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
      This^^^ is a pretty good trick. I just try to get there a good 45 minutes at least before the feeder goes off and I don’t stress about busting deer in the dark to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Try being the key word there... some of us have witnessed brandon "trying" to get to the stand that early.. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
      Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I wear black in my box blinds so I hope they think I'm a big ol heifer moving through.

I haven't mooed yet but some usually come back.. of course I'm not sure if it was those actual deer.
      I have mooed while walking in... [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Believe it or not some folks think deer are smart.
        I've had several watch me climb out of a tree to run off cows then climb back in and they come right back to the hand corn.
        We have deer (and sometimes pigs) watch you or actually come toward you thinking you have corn when getting to the stand. A lot of them will be on the hand throw before you get to the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Just don’t look them in the eye and all will be fine
          As long as you made your chili the "real" Texan way you should be ok.

Comment

Man it's hard to get in any stand in the AM if you're hunting a feeder. If you have shooter deer on cam then I'd only hunt pm if he's in there before daylight. With the tools we have today, we should be way smarted than the prey we are hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              We have deer (and sometimes pigs) watch you or actually come toward you thinking you have corn when getting to the stand. A lot of them will be on the hand throw before you get to the blind.
              This is the way mine act. I was few minutes later than usual this morning. Shined my white flash light at the pen and had 2 bucks just on the outside. Walked over to put the hand corn out and they were on it before I go in and opened the windows. Even if I don’t see them out there, I can hear them eating when I open the windows.

Comment

If I run them off on the way in the odds are they ain't coming back

But if I see them in the field on the way in and the wind is right there is a 50% chance they will come in later

Comment

In the morning I shine their eyes. They get nervous and walk off. In the evenings I walk in like I don’t care. I want them to see me plain as day. I want em gone as I get in or climb up. My biggest problem is getting out in the evening with deer there. I won’t do it. I don’t want them associating me with the stand. The best way is have someone drop you off in a vehicle or atv. The vehicle leaves and they come back.

Comment

Working...
                  X