POF Revolution 7.5lb 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POF Revolution 7.5lb 308

It's taken a while, but I received a 14.5 inch POF Revolution.

I have been anticipating this rifle since I saw it at the POF Booth 2 years ago.

[MEDIA=youtube]CWKVO75uk64[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]zmhyz4selLs[/MEDIA]

The first impression when I received this rifle and opened the box was that it is a well-built and finished rifle.

When I picked it up and took it from the case, I was remindes of why it made my must have list. It is light. It's not just a small frame AR-10. This 308 AR pattern rifle weighs 7.3 lbs. This is light for your typical AR-15. In fact, I would say it feels a lot like an AR-15. You could say it feels more like an AR-15 than it does an AR-10. I found myself wondering if it was going to kick like a mule. I knew that the POF muzzle brake was effective, but the first thing that's was getting replaced on this rifle was the muzzle brake. It was going to be changed out for a dead air Key mount for a sandman L silencer.

This is a AR-15 framed 308. It's not a small frame AR-10. It literally is an AR-15 with an extended Magwell and some substantial engineering changes to handle the pressure of the. That said, it has extensive parts commonality with the AR-15.
    1. Bolt Carrier
    2. FCG
    3. Buffer
    4. Receiver extension
    5. Stock

When I shot the rifle with just the dead air brake on it, it shot surprisingly well. It did not have excessive recoil.

The rifle functioned without issue using Portuguese 147gr NATO ammunition. Now, I only fired 10 rounds and cleaned the barrel every 2 rounds.

Next step is to continue breaking the barrel in and zero the day and night optics.

This is the factory configuration. And it's technically a pistol. Notice the arm brace

The POF Revolution upper receiver does not fit on an AR-10 receiver block

It fits perfectly on an AR-15 receiver block

This illustrates the fact that this truly is an AR-15 size 308

Did are sent a Kemount muzzle brake for the Dead Air Sandman L

Degreaser. Check,
    shims. check,
    rockset. check
    Wrench. check
    Lots of patience? Probably not so much

The Keymount, mounted and giving the rocks at a couple of days to cure.

Starting the barrel break in. Noticed there's no suppressor on the rifle.

Again, the receiver used the JP Enterprises AR-15 cleaning Rod guide. Not the AR-10

The rifle has the Saker 7.62 on the dead air break. The dead air Key-Mo mount module was used to allow the Saker 7.62 to mount on the dead air mount. It turn to see original marginal at best Mount system into one of the best Mount systems in the industry.

In the rack

This shows several POF rifles and the different handguards

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Very nice. I read about it in Shooting Times. POF makes some quality firearms.
    Will you be shooting 308 subs or full power loads?

Comment

My POF ar 10 they are very nice rigs Being from AZ I meet them at the rifle range amazing how accurate they are

FB_IMG_13553708822665953.jpg e by GMR Performance, on Flickr

My other POF in 556

image by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        Very nice. I read about it in Shooting Times. POF makes some quality firearms.
        Will you be shooting 308 subs or full power loads?
        Supers. I don't do 308 subsonic. Just not as effective

Comment

Sighting in at the range with the POF Revolution 14.5" .308 with a Steiner Military M5xi 5-25x56mm in a Larue Mount
          The mount is a @deadairsilencers
          KeyMo mount system. Generally a Sandman L will be on this rifle. Rough sight in continues as does the barrel break in and function testing.

Sighting the initial sight in with Portugese NATO 147gr surplus

In the rack at the cease-fire

Comment

Added two Mlock rail sections so the Revolution could work with the Kopfjager ReaperRail and the Selph Arms Brass Hog brass catcher.

The POF Edge rail system.

Installing the Magpul MLock rail sections

Kopfjager ReaperRail

Checking the fit of the Rok Straps 2 point non slip sling.

The Revolution on the Kopfjager ReaperRail with a Rauch Precision Tripod Hammock.

Comment

Very nice...I went with the SCAR because the AR-10 configurations I shot in the past felt sorta heavy & bulky, but that came together well.

I gave up the whole bbl break in even on benchrest tubes years ago after seeing those winning matches all saying it was not needed. Not trying to dissuade you from your preferred process, just passing it along. I also switched from brushes & rods to the Wipeout Foam & couldn't be more pleased.

FWIW, it sure has made things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Very nice...I went with the SCAR because the AR-10 configurations I shot in the past felt sorta heavy & bulky, but that came together well.

I gave up the whole bbl break in even on benchrest tubes years ago after seeing those winning matches all saying it was not needed. Not trying to dissuade you from your preferred process, just passing it along. I also switched from brushes & rods to the Wipeout Foam & couldn't be more pleased.

FWIW, it sure has made things easier.
                I don't disagree about the barrel break in. I'm doing it because it makes me slow down and smell the flowers. LOL

Comment

I can understand that & went through that feeling when I first got into the short BR game & reloading. Now it's all about the shooting. I really like not having to use bore guides & brushes now!!

Comment

Working...
                  X