No announcement yet.

KICK THE SNUFF!!! (Summer 2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years for me this July. Started at age 11, quit at 36. It can be done. I have not "craved" a dip in years. Have a twing thought at times. That thought passes real quick for me now. Regained the power of choice. I have dreamed before that I dipped again and wake up and realize it was just a nightmare! I avoid telling myself to "not dip". I tell myself to live healthy. It can be done. Just choose for the day to live healthy. Just keep repeating...10 years for me in July.

Comment

Today marks 16 years, that I w quit a 25 year, can a day addiction. Best decision I had made in a long time. It can be done. One must want to quit for it to stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
        Today marks 16 years, that I w quit a 25 year, can a day addiction. Best decision I had made in a long time. It can be done. One must want to quit for it to stick.
        That is a great testimony!

Congrats on getting it done and kicking the habit!

Comment

I'm 8 months snuff free. Gained a few pounds since I quit but I wouldn't change quitting.

Comment

Just got some news from the dentists that I have a spot inside my lip she recommended I quit before the spot gets worse as of right now we are just monitoring it. So as of today I quit dipping goin to be a tough road have tried and failed in the past but this time it's different.

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
              Just got some news from the dentists that I have a spot inside my lip she recommended I quit before the spot gets worse as of right now we are just monitoring it. So as of today I quit dipping goin to be a tough road have tried and failed in the past but this time it's different.
              This is a fear of mine as well. I quit for a solid year once. Been on the wagon for 23 years. This will be the year though. The older I get the more friends and family I see with cancer. Just today I stopped as I was putting a chew in and looked at it. Thought just for a second is this what's really going to take me off this earth. My wifes birthday is coming in March. I need to prepare for that date.

Comment

I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time and finally went and when she told me there was a spot and called in another dr to look at it my stomach sank.

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
                  I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time and finally went and when she told me there was a spot and called in another dr to look at it my stomach sank.
                  This was a fear of mine as well. I had reoccurring dreams about losing teeth. I quit during December & have not looked back.

Comment

Feb 4th will be a month for me. It's really gotten easier the last week and a half. Good luck fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
                      Feb 4th will be a month for me. It's really gotten easier the last week and a half. Good luck fellas!
                      Same here, the 4th will be one month in. The 2mg nicotine lozenges you get at Walmart have been a lifesaver for me while I'm working night shift. I generally break them in half or quarter sized pieces and it's enough to kill the craving.

Comment

Easter will make 4 years snuff free for me.

Comment

Coming up on 9 months free now! Trust me when I say it will get easier. You will lose the cravings. Stay strong fellas.

Comment

I quit 30 plus years of Copenhagen 3 years ago. I used Smokey Mountian herbal snuff as my crutch. I quit SMH snuff about 6 months ago. Good luck guys

Comment

Day 7 now after a couple months of back sliding... I'm done for good with the crap...its even more hard to quit the 3 Rd time. I was unable to go cold turkey this time around. I had to taper off a little every day, then it was 1 dip for the commute home. Last couple dips were only for a few minutes to take the edge off. Now there are no more urges, but I will always want one.
                              Last edited by muddydog; 02-21-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RENT View Post
                                Coming up on 9 months free now! Trust me when I say it will get easier. You will lose the cravings. Stay strong fellas.
                                Way to go man!

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                                Day 7 now after a couple months of back sliding... I'm done for good with the crap...its even more hard to quit the 3 Rd time. I was unable to go cold turkey this time around. I had to taper off a little every day, then it was 1 dip for the commute home. Last couple dips were only for a few minutes to take the edge off. Now there are no more urges, but I will always want one.
                                Hang in there buddy you can do it!

I am 5 months free and clean of that habit! It has gotten easier.

Sometimes when I go to pay at the gas station I am tempted to ask for a can but I do not and am glad I just saved 5 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X