X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Y'all are both wrong.
    Being snuff free for 4 years after doing it for 20+ years is where it's at
    It's been since July 1, 2014 for me. It was real tough for awhile but now I don't even contemplate it. Still love the smell of it, though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by muy grande View Post
      Okay, listen up. Copenhagen snuff, plain ole regular copenhagen is the only real snuff. long cut, pouches and all those flavors is for girls.
      But Copenhagen snuff gets all stuck in my teeth

Comment

Plain ol Copenhagen Long Cut is the best, and it's the hardest to quit. Kicking my behind right now

Comment

I want to encourage those have kicked the can to keep it up as there is light at the end of the tunnel.
          I dipped fine cut copenhagen for 20 years - averaging a can a day on normal days, and up to two cans a day when hunting. This coming February 12th will be exactly 6 years nicotine free for me. Believe me when I say - I thought I'd never be able to quit. You can do this if I could. Google search 'theoutdoortexan' and read that guy's story about his cancer and look at the pics on his site as he underwent surgery from cancer. If that aint enough, then try joining a website like quitsmokeless.org and make yourself accountable to other ghys trying to quit like you. That site helped me a lot emotionally. Quitting is the best gift you can give yourself. Good luck on the Journey.

Comment

I really need to quit. No willpower I guess!!!

Comment

i really need to quit too. I have always been able to quit whenever i want but its just so delicious

Comment

Y'all are both wrong.
                Nah, snuff free for 7 years after doing it for 35 years is where its at.

Comment

I tried to quit for New Years. Didn't make to Uvalde from San Marcos before I gave in.

Comment

I quit the Copenhagen in July 2006. This year, 10 years for me. It was one of the most challenging things I have done. It was acceptance, acknowledgement, and surrender that I was an addict-slave to the drug, that finally freed me from the struggle of nicotine addiction. It can be done. You have to accept the powerlessness over the drug, then you can regain the power of choice back for today. The days add up. In many ways I believe snuff is harder to quit than smoking, but smoking is a more addictive delivery system than thru the skin. I started dipping at the age of 11 BTW. I am 45 now.
                    Last edited by Dragonheart; 01-21-2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I dip Cope wintergreen longcut, but get tired of it a few times a month and buy Skoal Mint longcut. Would like to try Cope Mint

Comment

CHANTIX. Grizzly Mint had me until about 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Y'all are both wrong.
                          Word!! 30+ years then snuff free for 7....had to go cold turkey. Finally had to rethink the whole scenario when my girls being little at the time would find my snuff and hide it. The receding gum lines and exposure of tooth root helped make the decision..an expensive lesson for sure..but that's just me!

Comment

I'm 47 and have never dipped more than a can or two per week over the last 15 years. I love it and could go through a can per day easy. I have not dipped since Sunday and I will probably get a can this weekend. Then put it away for a week again. Ohhh, and I want to try this new stuff.

Comment

Copenhagen long cut, no other flavors needed. But I actually agree that I should quit, I have a one year old and he taught himself to stand by pulling up to grab my spit bottles. He is obsessed with them. I'm sure the first time he accidentally drinks some I might feel guilty enough about it to entertain the thought of actually quitting....

Comment

Working...
                              X