Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Aransas National Wildlife Refuge Archery Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations! Chris it was nice meeting you and I appreciate all the information that you shared with me. I was the guy at the point in the grey z71.

Comment

Wish I would of found this thread sooner thinking about the rifle hunt in dec

Comment

Thanks guys!

Nothing came in today to the check station, a West or SW wind at Aransas just doesn't work for bowhunting. Less than 100 archery permits were sold this year, a new low, and the daily average number of hunters was less than 50. Still we took 30 animals this year, so, for an over the counter public hunt that's still a pretty darn good success rate. And the mosquitoes were manageable this year, I only used a Thermacell, no insect spray at all.

The state biologist was at the check station today taking sample to test for CWD. It was voluntary, I let him take samples from my deer and he aged him as a 3.5yr old. It's going to be interesting in what they find, one of the land owners right next to the refuge bought deer from an out of state breeder and shipped them in, low fence.
          Attached Files

Comment

It was a good year!
            I ended up with a nice 6pt and a hog.
            I'll be out there slinging lead on the first rifle hunt.

Comment

I will be on the first rifle hunt as well.

Comment

JJ and his son with their Aransas harvest, the boy got two and both bigger than JJ's little buck......
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cprothro View Post
                  I will be on the first rifle hunt as well.
                  Please keep us up to speed on the harvest numbers, thanks!

The Refige has also added a 4th rifle hunt. The two days, sun-mon, right after the 3rd rifle hunt with the same $135 permit fee ????.
                  Last edited by Thumper; 10-29-2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    .....The state biologist was at the check station today taking sample to test for CWD. It was voluntary, I let him take samples from my deer and he aged him as a 3.5yr old. It's going to be interesting in what they find, one of the land owners right next to the refuge bought deer from an out of state breeder and shipped them in, low fence.
                    Test results on my buck are posted. Official Test Result-Not Detected.

Comment

Working...
                    X