No announcement yet.

2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend at the TJHRA rodeo weekend Riley had a pretty good weekend. She got points in all her events accept barrels on sat. Sunday she and Gator laid down a really solid run to win second. The year end championship is shaping up to be a cat fight!!! Riley can’t afford anymore mistakes but she needs to step up and she did today. Right now it’s 3-4 great kids fighting for it and all deserving

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      This weekend at the TJHRA rodeo weekend Riley had a pretty good weekend. She got points in all her events accept barrels on sat. Sunday she and Gator laid down a really solid run to win second. The year end championship is shaping up to be a cat fight!!! Riley can’t afford anymore mistakes but she needs to step up and she did today. Right now it’s 3-4 great kids fighting for it and all deserving
      That is great Brandon

Comment

Blessed to have friends like Bobby and Katie Mote . Katie ponied Riley and Gator in kept her and Gator Calm. Bobby being a 4X World Champion giving her encouragement doesn’t hurt. Good folks for sure

Comment

It’s hard to see somebody else Riding Riley’s great horse Lucy but super proud of Riley letting my niece and her Cousin ride her while she is looking for a new horse. Riley and Lucy have won so much, set arena records , and built as a team. Lucy is like Sea Biscuit small bit has the heart. This little mare loves to run and compete. Lucy is a little older and Riley has out grown her But it’s nice to see her making another little girl dreams come true. We can still run her if needed and she is going to give Riley everything but she can’t take the day today rigors!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D9C40B99-58DF-4834-BF44-09436E1FE9F5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	24605684

Comment

Watching the Ft Worth Stock Show on the Cowboy channel and I got to say I truly believe Riley and Gator can compete and win at this level right now. Pretty exciting and can’t wait for to get that chance and opportunity !!!

Comment

The wonderful thing about rodeo is regardless of age it’s all family . Today got to spend time with my mates.. Australian Champion Bareback Rider , Anthony Thomas and 2X NFR qualifier Bareback rider RC Landingham . Great guys and proud to have them as mates!!

Name:	3A7FED9B-D6DB-4F2C-BD77-53A726A962E6.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	24607784

Comment

Riley had a pretty good weekend at the Region 10 Jr High rodeos. 3rd and 4th on the bottom of the ground both days. Her and Gator are really starting to click. This afternoon she said “ Dad my confidence right now is above my head!!” She is off to San Antonio to run tomorrow in the Open Barrel Race. She will be running against the best in the world. She tipped one over 2yrs ago to win it . Hope they get back there without the tipped barrel

Comment

Rounding third and coming home

Name:	35707CE7-EA58-4C91-8357-FC62FDD276A1.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24608298

Comment

Abbey and Buddy made some really good practice runs today. Got a couple of weeks before the final 2 CTYRA rodeos in Hamilton.

Abbey rode Cowboy today as well and they ran some very good barrel patterns as well. She actually clocked the fastest time of the day on Cowboy. It has her really thinking hard of running Cowboy in the barrels and running Buddy in the poles

Comment

Tell Abbey to not give up on buddy. They have to build that confidence again, to run without fear . Riley and Gator are just now there. She told me today her confidence on him is this high , hand above her head, ... that’s what it takes . Belief in yourself and horse. Tell her to believe

Comment

I’m the Roughstock Director for Region 10 Jr High. A young man got disqualified in the Steer/Jr Bullriding. And parents got upset This same Judge has thrown the Flag on me at both the Highschool, College, and PRCA level and he has flagged Riley out as well. He is a multiple time NFR Judge . I asked him once why he was so hard on me and he said “ because you rode to good to make those mistakes”. That being said this is how I responded to the parents and it’s what I preach to Riley

Name:	B055777B-B690-4C12-8E3D-0EE223B44A91.jpg
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	24608390
                        Last edited by BrandonA; 02-10-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Riley and Gator made a pretty good run in the San Antonio Rodeo open barrel race. Won a little money but more important they are starting to click and get consistent . Another run tomorrow. You don’t have to Win first at every one but be consistent .

Name:	ED496D4B-255B-4AB0-B539-476A87FF2BAB.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	24608391

Comment

A little over a year a go Riley and Gator had their accident. Both got hurt, Riley a fractured arm, messed up shoulder, a concussion, pulled muscles in neck. Gator a horizontal tear in his suspensesary tendon. She got released 2nd week of May. Gator mid August. It’s taken both of them to regain confidence and trust in each other. Last 4 days 4 runs and they got faster each run. Last 2 day’s she competed in San Antonio’s Open/Youth Barrel Race and she Did well and placed both days and finished 18th today in the open against some of the best barrel racers in Texas and the country. In the open youth today she finished 3rd today and 7th out of the top Youth barrel racers in the State and Country. There were a couple hundred entered in each. Not sure where in the average she will fall but she is in good shape. Both of them are starting to believe again. Riley told my Confidence right now is so high!! I love hearing that and have been waiting and praying to hear those words. Belief in yourself, in this game is more than half the battle!!! Super proud
                            Last edited by BrandonA; 02-11-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

That’s great Brandon

Comment

Text a friend who is a former Rookie of the year and NFR qualifier and asked her if 16th is good in the open average and she said absolutely . “The best of the best in the world were there” ... makes me even more proud

Comment

Working...
                                X