Paducah area hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paducah area hunting

What's the hunting like around the Paducah area?

Can be good as long as you are around water and wheat fields!

Comment

I don't hunt there but travel a lot, especially at prime hunting hours. Wheat fields are covered with deer in the evening. I have seen some really big deer along the roads at night also.

Comment

Not huge numbers but they can grow big

Comment

Anywhere from fair to great. I grew up hunting out there on the Tongue River Ranch. I had it made and never knew it till it was over.

Comment

I never saw any huge bucks in the Paducah area, but did see quite a few mule deer, lots of bucks, some nice shooters. Then some huge turkey. South of the Paducah area, I have seen some absolute monsters both mulies and whitetails.

Comment

Had a place there for a few years a while back.

Whitetails AND Mule deer.

Kill deer early then quail hunt in the afternoon. There were LOTS of birds there.

Comment

We make a trip there every year to hunt a friends place. Good deer, pig, and turkey numbers where we are. I like that country. Small strips of cover between fields.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Anywhere from fair to great. I grew up hunting out there on the Tongue River Ranch. I had it made and never knew it till it was over.
                  I hunted next to Tongue River. My favorite place to hunt to this day. Lots of deer, good deer, and everything else you would want to shoot

Comment

My wife has a lot of family that owns different pieces of land there.. grandmas place pretty much just plowed fields as far as you can see, you will see a deer from time to time.. couple more family members have land south of Paducah about 5 miles that is great hunting land but no mule deer, seen some big white tails come off of there though.. her aunt and uncle have some land about 5 miles north that is pretty open. I've hunted it before and saw a giant white tail but was on the neighbors property. Lots of mule deer.. if you go just do your self a favor and get some steak fingers at the Dixie maid..

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      I hunted next to Tongue River. My favorite place to hunt to this day. Lots of deer, good deer, and everything else you would want to shoot

I hunt there now. My girlfriends family owns it. Definitely some great quail hunting there. And there are some good deer as well, like others said, find wheat and water and you can kill good deer all season long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
                        I hunt there now. My girlfriends family owns it. Definitely some great quail hunting there. And there are some good deer as well, like others said, find wheat and water and you can kill good deer all season long

Tongue River or a place beside it?

Comment

Tongue River or a place beside it?

Tongue River

Comment

It is truely a dream place to hunt. I hunted it with my dad from late 70s to early 90s. He started hunting on it back in the American Sportsman days(60-70s), and got to know Jim Barron, who was an owner back then. I shot my first whitetail, mule deer, dove, quail, prairie dog, coyote and more on that ranch... That place is truely awesome. I have lots of hunting memories made on that place. Hunt the west draws in the mornings, shoot Pdogs during lunch, then hunt the east side schenary in the afternoon......Repeat....

Comment

It is truely a dream place to hunt. I hunted it with my dad from late 70s to early 90s. He started hunting on it back in the American Sportsman days(60-70s), and got to know Jim Barron, who was an owner back then. I shot my first whitetail, mule deer, dove, quail, prairie dog, coyote and more on that ranch... That place is truely awesome. I have lots of hunting memories made on that place. Hunt the west draws in the mornings, shoot Pdogs during lunch, then hunt the east side schenary in the afternoon......Repeat....

It really is a special place. I feel so fortunate to have the chance to hunt out there. I love the landscape, the diversity of it. And the sheer size of it, truly amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X