Kudu Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudu Question

Planning a trip to SA next year. The outfitter we are going with has 2 prices on Kudu. 1 price for Less than 55" and 1 price for over 55". The price is 3k for less and 5k for over.

Question is: Is it worth it to go over 55 or does a Kudu in the 48-55" range a good representative?

Depends on what you feel like is good enough for you. If I'm ever so fortunate to go, I want 60+ bc I won't get to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

got an extra 2 grand I can have?

Comment

That sounds cheap. Kudu I've seen for sale start at $8k.

Comment

Just depends on what you are happy with. If it costs you two grand to go from 54 to 56 inches it is probably not worth it....however if it is 60+ it would be worth it to me. I have been to Africa three times and have seen one 60 incher in the wild, unfortunately I was not hunting Kudu at the time. Good luck to you.

Comment

What outfitter are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd be thrilled to shoot a 55" kudu, but if I was hunting them and a 60 incher showed itself, there's not way I'd pass it up given the opportunity!!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Depends on what you feel like is good enough for you. If I'm ever so fortunate to go, I want 60+ bc I won't get to do it again

This right here

Comment

I'd spend the extra money.

Comment

$3K seems pretty high for any kudu and $5k is crazy. Are the daily fees really low? I'd shop around a bit more. Average for Kudu(by my research) is still around $2,200-$2,500.

Comment

I shot my Kudu and don't really plan to shoot another. He was a good representative to me, but probably closer to 50". Didn't matter. He was wide and it was "MY" trophy and was thrilled to have it. Cost me significantly less that $3K too
                      Attached Files

Comment

The right side of my bull was 54 1/2. In my opinion anything over 50" is plenty big. Heck I got a discount for my bull having a broken left side. I think he was $1500 total trophy fee lol. So no way I would pay 5k extra [emoji854]

Comment

Kudu Question

Where on earth are y'all finding Kudu so cheap?

Ox Ranch is the most exciting Kudu hunting ranch in Texas. We have over 18,000 acres of Trophy Kudu Hunting, WWII Tank Driving & Shooting, Caving, & more!

World class Texas safari and exotics hunting. Star S Ranch is home to some of the largest herds of African wildlife outside of Africa.

Last edited by MySRT8U; 06-02-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

a 55" kudu is akin to a 160" whitetail, and a 60"kudu is akin to a 200" whitetail.
                            Last edited by texas shag; 06-02-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                              Where on earth are y'all finding Judy so cheap?

Ox Ranch is the most exciting Kudu hunting ranch in Texas. We have over 18,000 acres of Trophy Kudu Hunting, WWII Tank Driving & Shooting, Caving, & more!

World class Texas safari and exotics hunting. Star S Ranch is home to some of the largest herds of African wildlife outside of Africa.

Africa where they live [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                              X