No announcement yet.

East tx deer and December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain. When you find them me know. :-)
    Pigs or deer.

My spots dried up.

Still have yet to see anything under the feeder on camera...

Comment

You have to find where and what they are feeding on. I'm still seeing movement in Lamar county one harvested bean fields and on winter food plots. Nothing at the corn feeders.

Comment

I havent been hunting feeders. I have been hunting some open bottom land on the creek surrounded by woods on all sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Theyre back on feeders at our place but more in the food plots according to dad. He was there last week tuesday thru thursday and saw more deer in those 3 days than he has since first of October. Bucks and does, something like 13 deer at a time between the two feeders and 3 plots

Both of my spots back in the woods have been unmolested for 3 weeks....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            You have to find where and what they are feeding on.
            Yep.
            Still eating acorns during the day. Few days ago, I set up a stand near a big ole pin oak. Had a bunch come in way before dark and the next morning, had deer till 10:30am.

Comment

This is my favorite time of year. the bucks are grouping up and hammering hand corn piles. I looked back a our kills for the last seven years. All but one of our trophy deer were after Dec10th here in houston Co.

This just in from a card pull.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sambo73. Holly Lake. This one comes by every day. Had a big 10 and 2 small ones yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  This is my favorite time of year. the bucks are grouping up and hammering hand corn piles. I looked back a our kills for the last seven years. All but one of our trophy deer were after Dec10th here in houston Co.

Is that a feeder pen with hand corn?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    Is that a feeder pen with hand corn?

yessir, well actually not a feeder pen. just a 16x16 of very low wire that i hand corn.
                    Last edited by GarGuy; 12-11-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

yessir, well actually not a feeder pen. just a 16x16 of very low wire that i hand corn.

Thx! I got some spots id move to try but i know the hogs would tear it up. May have to try it

Comment

Same here. It happens to me every year right at Thanksgiving. They show back up around Christmas.

Comment

Mr Steve.
                          You look like your smack dab in the middle of a pine plantation.
                          I set a pop up in one a few years back and didn't see a thing although I had a feeder going.
                          I thought it was for lack of anything to eat and never tried to hunt in the middle of one again.
                          Is this in the middle of a pine plantation

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Little to no daylight movement for me in wood co. Got food plots, feeder, hand corn, salt block, deer block.

Comment

The past Fri an sat mornings that were around 25degrees i saw a few deer, but they didn't show until 10am and later. Upshur co

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                                Thx! I got some spots id move to try but i know the hogs would tear it up. May have to try it

I poured out 500 lbs last Sunday and Thursday morning there wasn’t a kernel left. Dumped out 100lbs of rice bran Thursday and not a speck of bran to be seen Saturday morning. When the pigs find it, it is impossible without fencing. I figured the pigs would find it so that’s why I poured out so much corn. I thought surely there would be SOME left even if the pigs found it. Nope. The slept in it, humped in it, rolled in it, pee’d in it, and ate in it till it was all gone. Hate pigs!!

Comment

Working...
                                X