Hoping to draw first blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to draw first blood

Tonight with my AR10 after getting a DSG 18" Match Barrell and a 15" free float handguard about 6 weeks ago.

I think the flashlight really ties it all together.
    Anyone know which one I'm using?
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-14-2018, 07:51 PM.

Looks like a Ray-O-Vac to me. It'll go out on you just when you need it the most.......

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Looks like a Ray-O-Vac to me. It'll go out on you just when you need it the most.......
      Lol
      Gonehunting68 garuntees it to not too.:-)

Comment

Are there supposed to be pictures or is this an imagination exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Are there supposed to be pictures or is this an imagination exercise?
          Yes supposed to be a picture.
          Weak cell signal.
          Even weaker G2 :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Yes supposed to be a picture.
            Weak cell signal.
            Even weaker G2 :-(

It’s there now. Shows up on my phone but not my laptop...[emoji848]

Comment

Good luck

Comment

That light is massive, bet that’s a heavy rig. what’s the cord go to?

Comment

Sniper hog light and the cord prolly goes to the on/off clicker. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Thought so but looks like it was going down away from the gun. Good luck with!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      It’s there now. Shows up on my phone but not my laptop...[emoji848]
                      I edited my post to add it before replying to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        This 66LRX

Comment

A Target of opportunity came in.
                          138 yds per Huntstand.

She was moving away. I initially thought I'd shot over her.
                          As i didn't see any movement.

Comment

First blood achieved.

Comment

This is a long read.
                              I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I enjoy taking you along with me.

I was stressing for a good bit after the shot.
                              Here's why.
                              There's 3 deer that hang out in this pasture
                              2 Doe 1 Fawn.
                              I've watched them a lot with my light. They look in my direction than go back to grazing

I saw the coyotes eyes reflect as I was scanning the field. Saw pointed ears and closer eyes.
                              I was like YES

I scan to the left where the deer was. I see their eyes.

I get back on the coyote and she had started moving towards the West.
                              I'd get a shot lined up on her, she moves. After the third time I whistle. She stops and looks around. Takes 2 steps zigs right than zags left. She's getting close the the tall grass. I draw a good bead on her, she's still moving, albeit slowly. I'm trying to accommodate that when BLAM the .308 sends a150 grain core lokt down range.
                              I was like woohoo!!!!
                              EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Forgot my ear plugs and i have to tinnitus.

Don't see the coyote movingafter the smoke clears.

I check on the deer. Only see 2 one has moved SW of me, the others looking towards where the coyote is.
                              When the 3rd one the Fawn
                              My heart sank. I was terrified I'd mistaken a Fawn for a coyote..
                              I close the windows in the blind, unload the rifle, climb down, close they blind up and hop the fence. Game Tracking/Recovery sucks with a red it green bulb.
                              I know this but tried anyways. I HAD up know. I was hoping for a missed shot, but the nagging doubt would always be there. I had to know.
                              I looked for 20 minutes, got irritated walked back to the truck, put the rifle up and grabbed my headlamp and 700 lumen flashlight I track with.
                              Get back in the area and i see the 2 deers off to the West of me. I'm glad i see them but not seeing the 3rd isn't comforting me. There had been 2 occasions where I've seen just the 2 for the duration of my hunt.
                              I'm praying along for Divine help.
                              I look back the blind for my bearing and realize I'm too far West. I head East and North. Look back again I think I'm good North. Keep heading east. I'm scanning out there a ways. I see eyes under the feeder. They look a bit to far from the ground to be a Raccoon. I check to the West of me and i see 2 pairs of eyes, the 2 deers. I start heading to the feeder wanting to know if its the fawn or not. I get about 80 - yds out and they get closer to the ground and run off. I stop. Best guess on my part was that it was a Raccoon standing up on it's back legs looking around. Drat :-(

I look down almost at my feet and there lies the Coyote! God is good!

She sure was a pretty red color.

Only downfall is i pulled a tick of me belly.
                              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-14-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X