Clear All

I know there is a difference between the .30-30 and 5.56

I shot this guy last night.
    55 grain PMC Bronze soft point

Fired 4 rounds a 2 pigs from an elevated box blind
    2 connected

First 2 rounds were 100 yds
    1st rd missed - my nerves. First pig in over 4 months

2nd rd - aimed for the just below the ear. connected, saw him hit the dirt, watched for a second to see if he got back up. He didn’t.
    Upon initial cursory inspection I couldn’t locate entrance or exit wounds. I harvested his back-straps, while doing that I’m pretty sure my first shot hit him behind the jawbone and below the spine. I did see dark red blood on my tailgate.

3rd rd est 70 yds - Swung to the left and sent a round after the other that was running quartering to my left. He got to far to my left to get the gun on him, did see it disappear into taller grass. I’m assuming I missed, I didn’t see a gait change or it slowing down to indicate it’d been hit, I’ve been wrong. I didn’t look for it.

4th rd est 50 yds - panning back to where first pig went down I see one running I shoot him. It ended up being the first pig I shot.

Second shot caught him midway just below the spine. There’s a big vein that runs along there that I THINK I hit.

I walked around the tree several times looking for the “other” pig. Didn’t see it or any blood.

This is the only blood I found.
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-06-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
      fify! :d
      Naw.... I like to drop what I’m aiming at..and I have no problem dragging it off....

Comment

Pushbutton2, what scope do you use on the Ar?

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
          Pushbutton2, what scope do you use on the Ar?
          The on the pig is an AR15. I'm using a Tru Glo 3x9x 40 with illuminated reticle. It has 2 colors red green.

The AR on the table is my AR10 .308

I'm using a Vortex Viper HST 6x24x50 on it.
          6X is a lot for 100 yd and under shots under a feeder.
          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

shoot em in the neck...nomore losses

Comment

Put it I the ear or just behind and they go down GYD!!!

Comment

Anywhere between the ear and the eye works great. Look at 4dog's avatar in post 20 for a visual.

Comment

Another visual just because

This was intentional by the way, there was $20 on the line I couldn't hit her in the eye from 130 yards with my 7mag.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Claymore mines? Hand grenades? Dyn-O-mite? Mortars? Blanket bombing? Nukes?
                    Seriously. 20'? How about a 12 gauge and some 00 or 3 shot?
                    A big boulder rolled down a mountain like Willie Coyote? Never mind there ain't too may mountain in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                      Claymore mines? Hand grenades? Dyn-O-mite? Mortars? Blanket bombing? Nukes?
                      Seriously. 20'? How about a 12 gauge and some 00 or 3 shot?
                      A big boulder rolled down a mountain like Willie Coyote? Never mind there ain't too may mountain in Texas.
                      There are some senderos tho :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X