Rattlesnake vaccine in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattlesnake vaccine in San Antonio

Fish camp is infested with them, need to get my dogs vaccinated. Looking for recommendations near SA or DIY, cheaper the better.

My lab has the vaccine but it is designed to only by you more time to get to the vet. I would send her to snake school for a day. Best $75.00 i have spent on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
      My lab has the vaccine but it is designed to only by you more time to get to the vet. I would send her to snake school for a day. Best $75.00 i have spent on her.
      Definitely need more time, getting off the island and back to the mainland is about 1.5 hours at the fastest and then we are still 3 hours from home if its night time the only 24 hour vet I know of is in SA.

Snake school is a great plan too and I'll do it if you guys have a hookup close by.

Comment

Find a new fish camp!
        Problem solved

Comment

It’s best to combine snake avoidance training and the vaccine. One helps prevent the bite the other give you more time if the bite ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
            Find a new fish camp!
            Problem solved
            Can't I already own it plus I like shooting hogs from my picnic table.

Comment

Where is this snake school?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                It’s best to combine snake avoidance training and the vaccine. One helps prevent the bite the other give you more time if the bite ever happens.

Anyone know who offers the snake avoidance training. Knew of someone in the New Braunfels area but I lost his name and number.

Comment

don't shoot hogs for a while. let fish camp get infested with hogs. hogs will eat snakes. when snakes are thinned out, thin out hogs.

Comment

OWL BOXES

Get the trees infested with nesting barn owls. They will clear out all the small mammals. WHen the food is gone......the snakes will leave.

Did this at a lease in south texas where we were having the issue. Problem solved inside of 3 months.
                    Last edited by Outbreaker; 05-02-2018, 06:19 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Can't I already own it plus I like shooting hogs from my picnic table.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                        OWL BOXES

Get the trees infested with nesting barn owls. They will clear out all the small mammals. WHen the food is gone......the snakes will leave.

Did this at a lease in south texas where we were having the issue. Problem solved inside of 3 months.
                        This is good advice, we had barn owls move in close to camp and rattler sightings slowed way down. They moved out last summer and we killed quite a few this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                          This is good advice, we had barn owls move in close to camp and rattler sightings slowed way down. They moved out last summer and we killed quite a few this past year.
                          If you build secluded "Abandoned" shelter in the trees they will come. Hell they break into the deer blinds. So I build a bunch of 4'x4'x18" boxes that were enclosed on 3.5 sides with a landing platform. They were full in no time.

ONe guy brought a pregnant cat to deal with the mice and snakes.

We watched the owls catch and kill all the kittens one evening as the momma cat was walking them across the camp.

We quit seeing and rabbits within 500yds of the camp as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            don't shoot hogs for a while. let fish camp get infested with hogs. hogs will eat snakes. when snakes are thinned out, thin out hogs.
                            This. Work smarter, not harder.

Comment

Any vet should be able to get it for you! Mine doesn’t carry it all the time but orders it once a year for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X