Can you mount an oven light in a BBQ Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you mount an oven light in a BBQ Grill

My question is if I have an old oven can a person remove the oven light socket assembly and wire it to 110 and mount it in a BBQ grill and use it as the grill light? And if so has anyone done this?

If an oven gets up to over 500 degrees wouldn't it make sense that you could mount one in a BBQ grill away from the open flame.

I will let you Green Screen experts educate me on whether this can be accomplished or not.

why not...but be sure it is on a GFCI recpt.

Comment

i wont mount anything electrical in an open fire

Comment

Don't see why you couldn't. Has to be a way to do it safely.

Comment

Could you mount the light on the outside shining in through a piece of glass or something? The biggest problem will probably be cleaning the black off the light all the time.

Comment

My oven is insulated and my grill is not. It sounds like a good idea but I'm not going to try it.Let us know how it works

Comment

It might work, but IMO it wouldn't be worth the time to rig it up, only to have it fail.

Shop & save on brand name grill lights from BBQGuys! Our collection of BBQ lights includes clamp-on & magnetic designs, as well as illuminated utensils. Order now

Comment

I bought a Rec Tec grill pellet smoker a couple of months ago and it has a light inside the grill. It is just a small LED bulb with a glass cover about 1/2" thick covering it.

Comment

I'm with TexasTaxi on this one. $20 and a lot less time...

Comment

your wiring will be the weakest link...

Comment

Originally posted by Carny View Post
                      Could you mount the light on the outside shining in through a piece of glass or something? The biggest problem will probably be cleaning the black off the light all the time.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                        your wiring will be the weakest link...
                        x2. Trying to keep wires from touching grill or getting too hot will be the hard part. What will you insulate the outside of the lid with to keep wires safe?

Comment

I was just curios if anyone has done this or seen it done. I really just want a good light that works but is out of the way and I thought maybe put an oven light in the grill some how. Keeping the grease and smoke stains off the bulb or lense seems to be an issue along with protecting the wires from heat but I think with metal conduit and maybe fiberglass insulation or keeping it from contacting the hot metal would take care of that.

Thanks for the brain storming

Comment

Viking

Got a friend with a Viking gas grill with dual led lights inside, so it can be done. Just not sure if it is worth the trouble when the clip on LEDs are so inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                            X