Show off your golf cart mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    2001 or newer and it has the standard series drive system. To go to 48 volts you need ...

2 more 6 volt batteries
    48 volt controller
    48 volt solenoid
    48 volt charger

Might as well go with a heavy duty solenoid and HD f/r switch.
    Slayer, l need a name brother.
    What's a ball park figure on cost of these items
    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      Thanks for your help.
      I'm out to dinner and a movie with the wife but I'll get you a list and prices tonight or tomorrow.

Hal

Comment

Enjoy yourself, no rush at all.
        Thanks Hal
        David

Comment

OK guys, Yalll have incited a riot at my place now! If you were to buy a project cart, what would you look for and ballpark price range. I want it for the lease, wife wants it for Port A in the summers. 1,2,3......GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Thanks for your help.
            Alltrax AXE 4844 Controller (400 amp)- $368
            MZJ-200 Solenoid (200 amp)- $42
            HD Forward/Reverse Switch- $188 (You can also replace the cam only)
            DPI 48 volt Charger- $268
            Complete 4 awg cable set- $100

And of course the price of the 2 extra batteries will vary depending on what you buy.

All these parts/prices came from the site I use the most... http://www.evdrives.com/Default.asp

Keep in mind that you can sell the parts you take off to get some of your money back. A good used ezgo 36 volt charger will sell for around $200 all day. You can also sell your stock controller easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinga84 View Post
              OK guys, Yalll have incited a riot at my place now! If you were to buy a project cart, what would you look for and ballpark price range. I want it for the lease, wife wants it for Port A in the summers. 1,2,3......GO!
              If you want it for a project just stick to the top 3 brands (ezgo, club car, yamaha) and look the frame over good for rust/corrosion. As long as you get a solid cart you can build the rest to what you want. As far as price goes, that's a crapshoot. I have bought nice carts that need batteries for as little as $400 but they are hard to find that cheap these days. A good cart that needs batteries would be at a fair price around the $1000-$1200 range. It also depends on where you are located. Prices vary quite a bit from one area to the next.

Comment

I took mine to the lease this weekend in Lampasas. We got dumped on pretty good Saturday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what it went through for a 2wd. Didn't think it could, but wow. I'm sure you can stick it if you want to. Thought I had it stuck where I parked it for the afternoon hunt. Didn't make it out easy, but it got out.

Comment

If you want it for a project just stick to the top 3 brands (ezgo, club car, yamaha) and look the frame over good for rust/corrosion. As long as you get a solid cart you can build the rest to what you want. As far as price goes, that's a crapshoot. I have bought nice carts that need batteries for as little as $400 but they are hard to find that cheap these days. A good cart that needs batteries would be at a fair price around the $1000-$1200 range. It also depends on where you are located. Prices vary quite a bit from one area to the next.
                  Any specific year models to look/lookout for

Comment

Are yall mainly finding yalls carts around town or buying of eBay.

Comment

Here she is before and after a new basket, tinted windscreen and a half of can of paint on the marine speakers. Amazing the difference. LEDs and Rod holders are next.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bohemianthunder View Post
                        Here she is before and after a new basket, tinted windscreen and a half of can of paint on the marine speakers. Amazing the difference. LEDs and Rod holders are next.
                        Nice cart!

Comment

Ha, I'm no Jedi. Thanks for the compliments though. I just bought one to fix up a few years ago and it gave me something to do outside that I enjoyed. Since then I've lost count on how many I've done and I still enjoy it and still learn with every one. I just picked up another last week from a TBHer and started a build. Here's a before picture with all the golf related stuff stripped off. Hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

How did it turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            How did it turn out?
                            Pretty good.

Just lifted it and added a rear cargo basket. Another TBHer owns it now.

Comment

Much better!

Comment

Another

Comment

Working...
                                X