Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
    Tried getting the 6.5 ruger, but no one had them! Ended up getting it in the Savage Axis. Anyone know how well they compare to the Ruger?
    You'll be just fine...here's what mine does after sighting it in.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
      Thats one place I haven't looked. Will check with them today.

This pawn shop has one on the shelf, new. Might call and see if it's worth the drive for you from Katy. That's a 409 area code.

Comment

6.5 120 grain hornady match. Doe was at 130 yds and coyote was at 100 yds. Double lunged the doe, she ran about 100 yds leaving a great blood trail. Coyote dropped in his tracks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Do those come threaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Camoty View Post
            Do those come threaded?
            Yes. They are threaded 5/8-24.

Comment

If anyone knows of one on the westside of Houston I am ready to buy today.

Comment

These guns are a myth. I've scoured the internet. They don't exist anywhere but in legends.

Comment

I just picked one up this morning in league city..... finally the search is over

Comment

I'm just going to wait until they become more available. Don't have to have it now anyway. Maybe I will stumble across one at Academy where I can use a gift card left from Christmas. It'll feel like an even better deal then.

Comment

Well last week I picked up a RAP, didn't get a 6.5CM though, I decided to get a .243. Primarily going to use it for predator hunting is why I went with .243 over 6.5 so I can use lighter bullets better suited for coyotes/bobcats. Plus I can use it for deer or pigs still if I feel like it, although I have other choices for that.

First thing I did was modify the trigger, I see some of y'all talking about cutting a coil off the spring to lighten the trigger pull. I did a little more searching and found where a lot of people are just removing the spring instead. This makes it even lighter and has been tested for safety and is perfectly safe. I also drop tested it and slammed the bolt shut to make sure it wouldn't fire. I don't have a trigger scale but I'd say its right around 2 pounds and maybe a hair under. Some guys have tested it at 1.8-2.0 pounds on their rifles after removing the spring.
                      I also floated the barrel and added a lot of weight to the rear to balance it out as I will be shooting it suppressed. Lucky for me I have a ton of old wheel weights laying around to fill the stock with. My rifle now weighs 11.5 pounds with scope and suppressor on it.
                      I may still get a boyds pro varmint stock for it, haven't decided.

I'm beyond pleased with this rifle, shot 1/2 groups for the first shots with factory ammo. Can't wait to work up a load for it to see if I can improve it.

The day after I zeroed it in I drove up on a pregnant sow that was bedded in a field and she took off into the field and stopped a good ways out so I guessed the range and took a shot. Dropped her and then ranged it at 379 yards.

These guns are flat shooters. For the price I don't think they can be beat.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts keatonski. Great little rifles for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                          I just picked one up this morning in league city..... finally the search is over
                          Hmmm, the arms room?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
                            Hmmm, the arms room?
                            No, the guy had one in the back brand new. I was definitely surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post

First hand loads. 143 eldx on top of h4350. We'll see how they do.
                              How long are you loading those rounds? Mag length or out to the lands? I'm measuring a pretty good amount over mag length to get my 140 ELDM to get to the lands on my rifle.

Comment

Max COAL or Max CBTO for the 6.5 Ruger Predator

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
                                How long are you loading those rounds? Mag length or out to the lands? I'm measuring a pretty good amount over mag length to get my 140 ELDM to get to the lands on my rifle.
                                I will respond on this one.....Me and TX-punisher reload/shoot together, we have the same rifles........

We made our own Modified Case for the Hornady O.A.L. Gauge Tool
                                What I did to get the MAX COAL or MAX CBTO for this rifle is the following:

I got a fire-form case from 143 eldx factory ammo,
                                Clean it, trim it to 1.915",
                                Do not touch Headspace and do not touch neck on brass
                                Drill out the primer pocket with a .290" Letter Gauge L bit
                                Tap out the hole with a 5/16″-36 TPI Threading Tap

Using the hornady, I measure 10 different times(2 different bullets) and got the following
                                with the 143 ELDX max COAL is 2.895" OR CBTO is 2.250"
                                With the 142 SMK max COAL is 2.875" OR CBTO is 2.260"

WE ARE LOADING OUR RELOADS AT MAX "KISSING LANDS" COAL FOR LADDER TESTING, THEN OCW TESTING, AND FINALLY WE WILL DO A COAL/BULLET SEATING DEPTH TESTING FOR MAX ACCURACY

My self, I have always use the CBTO measurement or Cartridge Base To Ogive because this is measurement that relates to the actual touching lands or jump to lands or Jam into lands measurements
                                here is a good article about this:
                                Cartridge Base To Ogive (CBTO) The first half of this article focused on the importance of COAL in terms of SAAMI standards, magazine lengths, etc.  There is another measure of length for loaded ammunition which is highly important to precision.

Comment

Working...
                                X