Kimber Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimber Rifles

Anyone have any experience with Kimber rifles? They seem to be fairly well thought of and seem to offer a reasonable value for the money. Saw a .300 in subalpine camo yesterday at a gun / archery shop I was shooting at and it's got me thinking....

I had one, a .308 with a skinny barrel that wouldn't group with anything I tried, which was about 5 or 6 different factory loads. Since then I've read that Kimbers are hit or miss on accuracy. Pretty guns, but I'd rather have one that shoots. I sold it.

Comment

Look around and you'll find they are great or terrible shooters. Doesn't seem to be much middle ground so just not worth the risk for me.

Comment

Arnt they modeled after Winchester M70??? I believe they are, but why not just get a M70 I got a M70 all weather SS never looked back!!!!

Comment

If you are going to get a Kimber...do yourself a big favor and find a gun made in Oregon.

Comment

Yeah, there is not middle ground with them for sure. They either drive nails or can't hit anything.
            I have always been too scared since i have seen several that wouldn't group.

Comment

I have a kimber 84m. It is a .204 ruger and it shoots excellent. Very pleased with it. I had been wanting a .204 and stooped at a gun shop to get my hunting license and left with it, I then started reading about them and got worried that it would not shoot good. When I got the scope mounted and started shooting I was very happy

Comment

I would look for something else. As others have said they are hit or miss. I’ve got a 84m Hunter in 6.5 manbun. It’s extremely light and Feels great in the hand......but it’s the least accurate rifle I own....and I’ve got a bunch of them.

Comment

I’ve got a Longmaster Classic in .308, it’s an accurate rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                    I would look for something else. As others have said they are hit or miss. I’ve got a 84m Hunter in 6.5 manbun. It’s extremely light and Feels great in the hand......but it’s the least accurate rifle I own....and I’ve got a bunch of them.
                    They are light weight rifle with fairly light contour barrels. I have a 8400 in 300 WSM and it shoots 1 moa or slightly under.

I will say that lightweight rigs are harder to shoot accurately than their heavier counterparts, especially off a bench.

Comment

I have a 84m Longmaster Classic in 308. It has a very nice walnut stock and a heavy stainless fluted barrel. Excellent fit and finish. It will also shoot one hole (.5"-.75") five shot groups day in and day out with a stout load pushing 165 gr Sierra game kings. I love that rifle. I ordered it new about 5 years ago.

I have heard of many Kimber quality control issues in years past, but I believe they have gotten better.

I have no experience with their light weight rifles, but I think many Kimber accuracy complaints come from people who cannot shoot their lightweight rifles well.

Comment

I worked with 2 of the 84M rifles. Both shot decent but not great. Both felt very cheap with extremely loose actions etc

Comment

My buddy has the Mountain series in 6.5 CM and he loves it. He says it is light and is very accurate. High dollar though.

Comment

I've got a Stainless Select 84m in .25-06 and an Adirondack in 7mm-08 that I shoot suppressed.
                            Both are fantastic rifles all around.
                            They have a sub-MOA guarantee, and I haven't heard what the resolution was on any accuracy issues that were raised with Kimber. I haven't had any issues with my rifles, but their customer service has been great for other things.

Comment

I have Kimber 84L 25-06 best rifle I own.

Comment

Working...
                              X