Fort Boggy SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Boggy SP

Anyone hunt it before, know anything about it? My son and I got drawn for archery hunt in mid Oct. Im sure there is a lot of game there being a SP. Curious if any quality bucks in that area. Any pointers, or compartment to try for appreciated. Thanks

I've hunted there 4 times. Either slung an arrow or had the opportunity every time. Always seen lots of deer. Always hunted behind the check in station, or the road that goes between the check in station and the park ranger's house. I want to say that's compartment 1, or maybe 2. Just don't remember.

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like it'll be a fun hunt.

Comment

Are you allowed to camp in the park in designated area? Or where is a close place to stay? I have a pop up camper.

Comment

Do your self a favor and sit all day! Trust me I know it's rough for ones who don't do it often. Plus do not shoot first thing you see. I promise you the bucks Will follow after the younger bucks and doe by about 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Good advice. Ive done that at Hagerman and the other draw hunt we had on Big Lake Bottom. Paid off more than once for us. I always look at it as Im there to hunt, might as well make the most out of it. This hunt allows baiting, that should help too.

Comment

Yes sir. my uncle is head park ranger there.

Comment

Oh cool. Man if you ever hunt there he could put you on them!

Comment

I'm patiently waiting my turn to get drawn lol. But like anyone else the draw for stands also lol. He wouldn't hook me up for being family either. Even tho I wish he would lol.
                  But hope you are successful on yalls hunt

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                    This hunt allows baiting, that should help too.
                    I wouldn't bank on it. Akerns will be hittin the ground then and that's where you will find the deer. Only problem, is finding that right tree.

Comment

True. Will have to go old school! Thats how I grew up hunting.
                      Does anyone know if camping is allowed or where to stay that's close. I have a pop up camper, or can stay at motel if need be.

Comment

They used to let you tent camp at the check in station. I think there is a camping area as well now, but best thing to do is call the park. They can tell you everything you need to know.

Comment

Ok, will do. Thanks

Comment

You can camp in a tent or bring a camper to the check Station or stay in centerville at an hotel.

Comment

Which dates, I'll be there Monday Tues we'd. I called the ranger to ask about some cabins they have, park is closed but we can stay there, he said there's a shower to use as well, but I think I'll be staying in town. I've roughed it enough. I've never hunted it but the ranger said that we will see deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X