Comment

Can am
          Mule pro
          Others

Comment

Mule pro fxt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent a lot of time in a Mule Pro FXT the last couple weekends. I own a Polaris Ranger 900xp and will give my honest experiences.

Mule Pro - Great, quiet ride with PLENTY of seating for 6 full size adults when rear seat is up. Power steering is sweet! Plenty of power, but no throttle response. Here are my major gripes with the Mule Pro: Very little bed space when rear seats are up (barely fit ONE fallow deer in the bed, nothing else would fit), front seats and rear seat have ZERO leg room, especially right behind the wheel wells where your left foot rests if you're driving. Entry and exit of front seats is a bit unorthodox because of limited room between previously mentioned wheel wells and seat bases. Seats are not comfortable for longer rides. Rear passengers can get a concussion on the metal bar running above the front seat backs. Cab is not designed well for protecting riders from rain (main cab sits too forward on frame for roof to offer any protection) There is no "get up and go"; I'd liken it to piloting a barge on a smooth ocean. It's smooth as glass when it finally does get up to speed, but there is no "frills" to it. In dusty areas, the belt will slip and you have to run the machine wide open to "blow it out". I Still think it's a great machine that will fit the bill for most folks.

Comment

Look at the 2019 Polaris Ranger Crew 1000-Its a different machine than past models.

Comment

Any dealer recommendations local or out of state ???

Comment

We have a mule pro fxt and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mule

Originally posted by sackett View Post
                      spent a lot of time in a mule pro fxt the last couple weekends. I own a polaris ranger 900xp and will give my honest experiences.

Mule pro - great, quiet ride with plenty of seating for 6 full size adults when rear seat is up. Power steering is sweet! Plenty of power, but no throttle response. Here are my major gripes with the mule pro: Very little bed space when rear seats are up (barely fit one fallow deer in the bed, nothing else would fit), front seats and rear seat have zero leg room, especially right behind the wheel wells where your left foot rests if you're driving. Entry and exit of front seats is a bit unorthodox because of limited room between previously mentioned wheel wells and seat bases. Seats are not comfortable for longer rides. Rear passengers can get a concussion on the metal bar running above the front seat backs. Cab is not designed well for protecting riders from rain (main cab sits too forward on frame for roof to offer any protection) there is no "get up and go"; i'd liken it to piloting a barge on a smooth ocean. It's smooth as glass when it finally does get up to speed, but there is no "frills" to it. In dusty areas, the belt will slip and you have to run the machine wide open to "blow it out". I still think it's a great machine that will fit the bill for most folks.

Comment

I will put my ranger 900 against any other brand for any kind of task.

Comment

Spent time in most, anything modern would be a good choice. On our 3 ranger, 2nd crew.

Comment

I own a pro fxt after having two crew rangers. I will look hard at can am in two years when I am ready for a new ride.

Comment

I’ve had a Polaris sportsman and Polaris ranger, after those I will never buy a Polaris anything again.. I bought a mule pro fxt because I have owned a older mule and a 99 prairie 300. I have never done anything but oil changes, the older mule has 2000 hours on it with no issues. I’m sold on Kawasaki but I’m sure other brands have good luck too.. the ranger I had was problematic, new fuel pump, new $6500 engine, front end re built, other small thing done as well.. I hunt a lease that’s 18,000 acres and I wanted to know i could make it back after an evening hunt by my self. My ranger always made it back but I never had confidence in it that I would get there.. I got the mule because of the last I had with Kawasaki. A plus was it was WAY smoother and WAY quieter.. the ranger I had (2011 800 crew) would get up to speed a lot quicker, had a locker i the front and felt more powerfull.. i look at the Polaris ranger like the ford 6.0, great when it ran right but never did run for too long.. I know a guy that has a new can am and loves it. I’ve drove it and it’s awesome but don’t know how they hold up i the long run.. my mule has about 60 hours on it so I don’t know how it holds up in the long run either but I know in the past the other Kawasaki’s have proven their self..
                              Last edited by randal; 10-15-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                Spent a lot of time in a Mule Pro FXT the last couple weekends. I own a Polaris Ranger 900xp and will give my honest experiences.

Mule Pro - Great, quiet ride with PLENTY of seating for 6 full size adults when rear seat is up. Power steering is sweet! Plenty of power, but no throttle response. Here are my major gripes with the Mule Pro: Very little bed space when rear seats are up (barely fit ONE fallow deer in the bed, nothing else would fit), front seats and rear seat have ZERO leg room, especially right behind the wheel wells where your left foot rests if you're driving. Entry and exit of front seats is a bit unorthodox because of limited room between previously mentioned wheel wells and seat bases. Seats are not comfortable for longer rides. Rear passengers can get a concussion on the metal bar running above the front seat backs. Cab is not designed well for protecting riders from rain (main cab sits too forward on frame for roof to offer any protection) There is no "get up and go"; I'd liken it to piloting a barge on a smooth ocean. It's smooth as glass when it finally does get up to speed, but there is no "frills" to it. In dusty areas, the belt will slip and you have to run the machine wide open to "blow it out". I Still think it's a great machine that will fit the bill for most folks.
                                Agree, my Dad has the mule pro fxt, nice rig but not for me. I bought a new ranger crew 1000 last year and set it up exactly how I wanted it. I would have considered the can am but no local dealer/service near me.

Comment

Working...
                                X