Armslist Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armslist Safe?

I found what I would consider a deal on a gun. Savings over new would be around 35%. Substantial on a $1600 rifle. The other guys been upfront and asked for a United States Postal Money Order.

He’s sent me pictures of the rifle outside the photos from the posting. He’s also sent me a picture of his drivers license. The license matches up on a google search of his name with his age, DOB, etc.

Should I be worried? I’ve asked if he’ll ship through a third party FFL. Still waiting on that.

Anything you guys recommend past that? Recourse if he cashed USPS MO order and doesn’t deliver??

Is he in Texas? Have a TBH member that is local to him go verify and buy and ship it to you. I’m not nearly as trusting of armslist and texasguntrader
    Gunbroker and gunsamerica have protections in place for buyer and seller, armslist and guntrader do not.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
      Is he in Texas? Have a TBH member that is local to him go verify and buy and ship it to you. I’m not nearly as trusting of armslist and texasguntrader
      Gunbroker and gunsamerica have protections in place for buyer and seller, armslist and guntrader do not.
      He’s local to North Carolina.

Comment

Armslist is a great place to find good deals, I've purchased several firearms from folks there.
        I would never trust anyone too far away to drive and meet face to face except on tbh.
        If I were you, I'd pass on this deal, even if he is willing to go through an FFL.
        On the subject of the money order, I don't know if there is anything you can do if he cashes it and then disappears.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If someone runs with cash from postal money order all it is is mail fraud. But more often then not they don’t really investigate you just lose the money. Having said that I’d be very Leary of it if he can’t drive to an ffl that’s local to him and have you talk to them personally so they can lay hands on said firearm. If that doesn’t materialize then run the other way.

Comment

I would not buy it from AL or TGT without a face to face interaction. I trust Gunbroker a little more if the seller has good ratings.

Comment

I've purchased there before. Just have to talk to the seller and make sure there's no funny business going on.

Comment

its a scam. There is a reason why it is so cheap. I saw this all the time looking for a nice shotgun. You'd see silver pigeons for a grand and that would be the give away. I would only deal FTF on gun deals off those websites.

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true....

Comment

Working...
                  X