Camper Guys Price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper Guys Price ?

Ok, so I found a small travel trailer I really like. It's new and not sure what price point I should be at. I have heard anywhere from retail all the way to 20% off. MSRP $16,995 Discount $3,009 Sale Price $13,986 is how they have it priced...any advice on what I should be able to get it for?

I went to the RV shows for two years doing my research before I bought mine. They would swear up and down the prices at the RV shows were their rock bottom. I found that the trailers that I was interested in were marked down 20-30% off sticker at the shows. When I finally made my purchase, I shot for 30% off and we settled around 26%. My trailer stickered around $34k, so there may have been more room for negotiation in my instance.

Long story short, they’re not going to sell one for a loss. If they voluntarily marked it down $3k, there is probably some more room for negotiation.
    Last edited by Iceman89; 05-11-2018, 04:49 PM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

Thank you...Maybe I'll offer them 30% off msrp OTD

Comment

Mine stickered at 36k and I paid 26k.

Comment

If you drive up north and buy one where they are made, they are dirt cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
            If you drive up north and buy one where they are made, they are dirt cheap

I don't mind driving and camping my way back.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
              I don't mind driving and camping my way back.

Look up Cheyenne camping center

Comment

When I bought my last one I researched the same model all over the country and found that my dealer was already 10-15% below where most were. He was pretty solid on his price and didn't wiggle much. Do your research and see what you come up with. I want them to make a little money, but not gouge me. If they won't come off the price, see what they will throw in. Septic hoses, propane refill or two, mattress upgrade?

Comment

I had an offer from a company up north to deliver here and it was going to be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                    Mine stickered at 36k and I paid 26k.
                    Mine stickered for 29 at my dealer, but up to 39 across the country (same package). We settled at 27, but he gave me 1000 more than book value on my trade. Got about 500 in extras thrown in.

Comment

Working...
                    X