Stoopid trail cams!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoopid trail cams!!!

Scouted a new spot the other day and found some good sign so I decided to put up a couple trail cams. Got 7 different bucks in 2 days. A couple good ones too. Then I checked the final camera and this guy has been by a couple different times. Looks like he comes into ( most likely passing through) my property around 2-3 am and leaves around 6-6:30 pm.

Now im gonna be obsessed the rest of the dang season!! Praying for cold fronts and a W, NW, or NNW wind!!
    I'll be spending a lot of evenings here hoping he decides to come by while there is still daylight!
    Ps.. I know I misspelled Stupid! I'm not Stoopid! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't get big by being stoopid either.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t be obsessed, it’s just a deer

Comment

I feel your pain.

Comment

I don't have that problem since I don't run trail cameras.

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Don’t be obsessed, it’s just a deer
              You may be lost. This is a hunting forum.

Comment

Trail cams can and are a blessing/curse to me....
                They have become an invaluable tool in how I hunt and approach different spots, but they sure as heck cause me lots of headaches too! Makes it hard sometimes to decide when and where to go!
                Good luck on your bucks!

Comment

Stoopid is as stoopid does!

Good luck, hope you get him.

Jimbow

Comment

Nice buck, good one to arrow.

Comment

Yeah, I obsessively hunted one up hard a couple years ago and never could get in the stand the same days he was there in the daylight. Saw him in the flesh once under a full moon about 15 minutes after legal shooting hours, but never saw him again. Caused me and my family some headache and hurt feelings that year. After that I decided to get my priorities in order and just do what I could and not focus so much on cameras.

I just use them to see what is in the area, and see what is developing a pattern over feeders. I've also come to realize that you dont always see your good deer on camera. In fact, none of the deer I have on my wall were ever seen on camera, with the exception of one. Even then, I had no idea he was in the area because he was not showing up on camera until I check them after the kill. Just goes to show you, you never know whats going to come around, or when, regardless of what the camera may lead you to believe.

Comment

Randy the best way I have found to see a target buck while on stand is to burn your tag on a lesser buck after you get discouraged trying unsuccessfully to hunt him. Seems to never fail.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Randy the best way I have found to see a target buck while on stand is to burn your tag on a lesser buck after you get discouraged trying unsuccessfully to hunt him. Seems to never fail.

Works every time or almost

Comment

Think he might JUST make 13 inches....

Comment

I feel your pain big time. There has been a big 6 coming through our place since early October but he has only been seen once in person. We want to take him, but never see him and now hes disappeared. Oh the joys of hunting and owning small acreage!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X