Semi-Live Harvey Relief Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-Live Harvey Relief Hunt

Headed out now. Thanks to Tim for offering up this Auction Hunt. My phone crashed on the way here so I'll be using my Ipad to take pictures. I'll post up when I get back from the Stand.

Good luck!

Comment

Ok IPad working in blind. Hot as crap lol. Sweat is dripping off my nose. Tim has a nice place here and some good bucks on camera. I brought my son with me to shoot something also.

Comment

If I sat a window ac unit under a shade tree I think it would attract more deer than corn lol.

Comment

I'm in Blind #2 with BuckChasers son Landon. We are going to put him on an 8 or 9 point management this weekend. 4 doe within 20 yards now. Our view.

Comment

In!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Update?

Comment

They didn't like Buckchasers pop-up. They tried coming in 3 times but kept running off.

At blind #2 we had 5 doe, two 8 pointers, a decent 10 and a 4 pointer all within 25 yards. After 40 minutes or so one of the bucks snorted and caused a stampede. Didn't see what Landon wanted to shoot. Was trying to get a BIG management buck.

Trying again early in the morning. Going to sit in a Krivoman to keep scent down so hopefully we see more deer.

Comment

Rick still hunting. We came back after the wind shifted 180 on us. Had a 4 point close all morning. Then a few doe. Had one really nice 8 come in that I told him he could shoot and both of us instantly got buck fever. He circled around back and forth at 30-50 yards but never gave a shot. We could see 3 other bucks out the the field maybe 250 yards away all morning long. I think they're feeding on new grass growth.

Comment

This one got to 30 yards. He's a regular. Trying again here in a few for him.

This one is a target also.

Full moon, hot, acorns dropping, persimmon berries not gone yet, and fresh growth after our first rains are making things difficult. But we will get it done!

Comment

Landon shot a 10 with good blood on arrow. Going to track it now.

Comment

Awesome-good luck on the track

Comment

Good luck on the recovery!

Comment

Found him! Nice 10 with a HUGE body for San Saba. Pics coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X