Ameristep vs. double bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at a ameristep man cave $249 h-84" x 90"or Primos double bull h-70" x 77" Doublewide blind $299 on sell at cabelas . What y'all think

Double Bull. They ain't what they once were but they are still better than any Ameristep I've ever owned.

Comment

Double Bull is better quality, but depending on your bow, you may need the extra height of the Ameristep. I can't hardly shoot out of those 70" tall blinds.

Bisch

Comment

Just figured out I cannot shoot out of my double bull blinds. They are great with my compound but I switched to a 62" recurve. Got in one Sunday morning and cannot draw the recurve without hitting the top of the blind. I am gonna have to go to an 80" blind and double bull doesn't make one that I know of.

Comment

If you can shoot inside the double bull then go with that. I have two and LOVE them. My favorite is the promos double bull with the magnetic windows. Unfortunately they dnt make it anymore

Comment

I have the DB Recurve blind and it is very good quality and I have plenty of room to shoot any of my bows out of. Too bad they don't make them anymore. But if you can find one its well worth the money.

Comment

I like my Barronett Big Mike Super Tough!! Plenty of room!

Comment

Originally posted by Cwag View Post
                If you can shoot inside the double bull then go with that. I have two and LOVE them. My favorite is the promos double bull with the magnetic windows. Unfortunately they dnt make it anymore
                Magnetic windows? I don't know of any double bull that had magnetic windows. I've owned nearly every model.

Comment

A long time ago when primos first bought double bull they came out with the primos double bull blind. It has predator camo canvas and netting. It has a true 360 degree window. The window is about 15" tall. The best part about this blind is that the window covers have 4 sets of magnets on each cover. This allows me to completely modify the way the windows are open. On top of that the magnets make no noise. This means I can open and close windows to take a shot that I didn't expect (which has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit).
                  I am a true believer in magnets over Velcro or the "vertical sliding canvas" that other pop ups have.

Comment

I meant to reply with above ^^^
                    Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Magnetic windows? I don't know of any double bull that had magnetic windows. I've owned nearly every model.

Comment

I've owned the T5, T2, Matrix, dark horse (this was the first Primos model) and the double wide. None of them have magnets.

The Rhino XP blinds have magnets and are/were available in Predator Camo.

They were essentially a copy of the double bull.

Comment

Double bull for sure

Comment

hate the double bull's I guess if you want straps in all of your shooting windows and windows so low you have to sit on the ground go ahead....love all my ameristeps though

Comment

Originally posted by cpatterson View Post
                            hate the double bull's I guess if you want straps in all of your shooting windows and windows so low you have to sit on the ground go ahead....love all my ameristeps though

Not sure what double bull you had but mine only have straps to the corners. Plenty of room to shoot.

Windows are adjustable up and down so not sure what the issue is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Not sure what double bull you had but mine only have straps to the corners. Plenty of room to shoot.

Windows are adjustable up and down so not sure what the issue is there.
                              I have my windows all the way up and I swear the strap to adjust the windows is right in the middle. I also use the same chairs i do on my ameristeps and maybe the windows are at different distances. The one thing i do like is the door. Easy to open and get into.

Comment

Working...
                              X