headlight restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight restoration

Anyone tried any of the headlight restoration kits or even the services? I e got a couple vehicles that could really use it. Considering the restoration v straight up new headlight assemblies.

I used the 3m headlight restoration kit on my son's car. It comes with pads you put on a drill. It is a tedious and time consuming process but if you strictly follow the instructions it works very well. I was impressed with the results.

Comment

I've use off bug spray. It clears them right up alot of time.

Comment

I use scratch x.

Comment

Use the 3m heavy cut compound with a 6" buffer wheel. I bought the my buffer at harbor freight. I use mine every now and then and it is easy to do. I normally finish up with McGuire wax.

Comment

off bugspray works great!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGrandSlam View Post

Worked on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGrandSlam View Post
                You just spray it on? Or do you need to buff it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bug spray is actually melting the plastic.....try toothpaste.

Clean Your Headlights With Toothpaste: So you're driving around super late at night in the middle of Nowhere, NM - and you realize you can't see a THING. And you and your significant other talk about cleaning the headlights, or getting new bulbs, or something. But the store bought kits …

Comment

Tried turtle wax brand, worked for week or 2. Amazon works the best....just get some new ones.

Comment

go to Sams they do it for like 30 bucks and warranty it for 2 years

Comment

Toothpaste and elbow grease works well.

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                          Anyone tried any of the headlight restoration kits or even the services? I e got a couple vehicles that could really use it. Considering the restoration v straight up new headlight assemblies.
                          Go with the 3M kit. Local auto parts for $25 and ebay for $15.00. You can do a few cars with one kit. Easy for a do it your self guy. Use the bug spray on used car lot cars you will not see again.

Comment

if you want to do it right start with some 1000 grit sandpaper and soapy water and work your way up to a 2000 grit then some polishing compound..... might want to start with some courser grit if they are really bad and just take your time took me about 3 hours per side on my wife's car but it turned out great

the key is to find some headlight sealant to use on it once your done

Comment

Tried rain x product last week. Sweated like crazy, but result looked good.
                              Time will tell if it lasts. $15 I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X