Terry dorsey passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry dorsey passed away

Just seen on Kscs facebook page that terry Dorsey has passed away. Prayers for his family.
    Last edited by txhighcaliber; 03-08-2015, 12:19 PM.

Wow... Met him a couple times and always enjoyed listening to him on KSCS. Prayers for the family and friends. RIP TD!

Comment

What!? Didn't he just retire?

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
        What!? Didn't he just retire?
        Yes sir I believe back in December

Comment

Prayers for his family. KSCS sponsored my softball team for years. He was a great guy.

Comment

I just saw it on FB. Tomorrow they will have a tribute on the air.

Comment

Believe I heard 33 years on the radio in the DFW area. I still remember the flex-your-plex commercials from many years ago. Rest easy, Sir.

Comment

Aw man! He was golden!

I would love to have a cd of his Hiney Wine commercials, and The Deacon Paul Brown...genius! I used to be cackling out loud while driving alone listening to the stories of Big Thor Hiney and Big Red, Hairy, Seymour and Tiny Hiney. People passing had to think I was crazy!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Last edited by Burnadell; 03-08-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

TV commercial for the HINEY WINERY that has Harry Hiney and Seymour Hiney talking about what they like to put in their Hiney. Meant for late-night TV.

Comment

Wow. Can't believe it. I thought he just retired.

Comment

Sad indeed. Prayers for his family, friends, and fans. I was a fan.

Comment

I forgot about the sister, Ophelia Hiney!

"The Hiney Winery was established in 1979 by Uncle Harry Hiney. He had the idea of putting his Hiney in a flip top disposable can. Family friends convinced him that his Hiney was too good to keep to himself so they bought the warehouse behind the library and the rest is history. Since that time people all over the area have been enjoying Hiney Wine.

The tradition is being kept alive by Harry’s two nephews, Big Red and Thor, who refuse to put their name on their Hiney until its perfect. That way you know that anytime you wrap your hands around an ice cold Hiney, it’s going to be the best Hiney you’ve ever had. The entire family is proud of their Hiney. Big Red, Thor, Ophelia, Humphrey, Selma, Ima, Rosey, Anita, Seymore, Lucie and Thor’s wife, Oma Aiken-Hiney are just a few of the Hineys that are part of the crack inspection team that checks every can for quality. Quality assurance and customer care ensures you that you are getting the best Hiney money can buy. Next time you go shopping, ask your grocer where he keeps his Hiney. The motto of the HINEY WINERY says it all, “You only go around once in life, so grab for all the Hiney you can get”.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UYO10XmE0&t=220"]The Dorsey Gang Says Goodbye To Terry - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sad

Comment

So sad to hear this....prayers to his family!

One of the neatest things I've ever gotten to do was be on the Dorsey & Hawkeye show, teaching Terry how to shoot a bow! This was just over 5 years ago, in February 2010. One morning Terry was talking about having been in Vegas to watch his brother-in-law shoot in the huge archery tournament there. He seemed interested in it, so I called in and said I was president of Texans Archery Club and would be happy to teach him to shoot. They put me on the air and we talked archery for a couple minutes. Had a little further discussion with Hawkeye off the air, who asked if it would be possible (and safe) to come into their studio and do a segment where we would shoot on the air. I assured him we could do it and scheduled a date!

So my wife Cathleen and I went in a few days later and hung out with Terry, Hawkeye and Rebecca for a good part of the morning! They did a teaser about the upcoming segment, saying the next day they were going to do something "against company policy, against building codes, and someone could get killed!" I set up a shooting area in the hallway, and Hawkeye brought out a microphone to call the action. We started off with an interview in the main studio, then moved out to the hallway, where Hawkeye brought out a microphone to call the action. I had a balloon attached to the target for Terry to shoot, hoping to have an audible indicator of his success since we were on the radio. He did hit the balloon. Then we tried an apple, which after a few tries he still did not hit. So I shot it with my bow.

My gosh we had fun with them, laughing our heads off! Good memories of a good man!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X