Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thank you TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you TBH

Maybe it's a little of a long read, but.....

Thank you all for making this season a little bit better! We lost our home in the flood from Harvey,, it was only 2 years old, 4 bedroom custom built mobile home.. everything in the house was only two years old or newer, ( we we sold our previous home to move onto our little retirement spot of 8 acres.. near village creek just outside of Kountze .. we sold the previous house and everything in it.. so everything was new, including the wive's pathfinder, lost the 2 year old tractor and 2 of the 5 dogs.. my dream home turned into a nightmare and had mold in it before the water even went down......there was nothing to recover... so for the last almost 4 months the wife and i have been living in a little 20' travel trailer her boss loaned us ( she works at Sherrod rv in Silsbee)...

dealing with fema has been nothing short of aggravating, but they finally came through and placed a 2 bedroom mobile home on our property , of course they put in in backwards and then laid the septic drain line on stilts 3' above ground to block the front door... ok we will use the back,, then they put this monstrosity of a sprinkler system in and blocked the path to the back door! ( 8'x8'x6') and the feed line is also 3' off the ground between it and the home!! so now we will have to wear waders to go through the ditch to get to the steps if it rains!
    but we are dealing with it.We had to take out an sba loan to even put a dent in our losses, so know we have to get permission to get the loan money we have been approved for, but they want to tell us what to spend and when ( which is really dumb since i had to sign my property over as collateral!, if i use it stupid i loose even the land,, so that adds to the aggravation.....

hunting season has been pretty much non existent , i made it to the woods three times for less than 12 hours total, and the lease is only 1 mile from my land!!!

even though it has been a rough go, I received a care package from tbh a few weeks ago,, so i really do want to thank you all for taking part in the fund raisers and giving me some short stories to read and occupy some of my time sitting in this itty bitty trailer for 4 months!

Merry Christmas to you all, and even to the wife and I because tomorrow my new recliner and bed will be moved into the fema trailer along with us!!!!

Now the work can begin on rebuilding our lives, cleaning off the garbage and moving, tearing down, burying or burning the old home down to make room for a new home,, or turn what used to be my archery shop into a home,, at least it will be on my place!

so remember this one thing!!!!!!!

There is no better Christmas gift than a home coming!
    Last edited by xman59; 12-25-2017, 04:44 PM.

Prayers for you

Comment

God bless you brother. All the sudden my problems seem a lot less significant. Prayers for you and the entire family. I just can’t imagine having to endure such a loss and having to basically reset.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        God bless you brother. All the sudden my problems seem a lot less significant. Prayers for you and the entire family. I just can’t imagine having to endure such a loss and having to basically reset.
        it does put life in perspective and you find out who your real friends are,,, sometimes people you don't even know real well..

i spent 30 years as an leo on the streets,and i have seen more than most men would in 3 lifetimes,, and i have never been in need in my life until this happened,,,,,,

and we have received help in various ways including money,,, my pastor showed up to haul my tractor to the dealer, and 28 more cars followed him in the driveway,to work,,, never expected that!!!!
        never expected a open end loan of a trailer to stay in, never expected the Christmas bonus my wife got along with many gift certificates from people we never even heard off... my sister who i barely even know sent us money for a down payment on a new car ( and she just had a double lung transplant!!)
        my employer who screams and hollers about 10 min of overtime, payed me over 40 hours both weeks i could not go to work and then deposited a check worth 3 months pay in my account!
        a single man from church gave me a nice wad of cash twice! the church had a big fund raiser ( for all the families affected) i was amazed at that check......
        I am a blessed man in many ways and i know it,,, even though i lost everything and we had invested heavily in our home land and shop,, we had virtually nothing in the bank and i have more now than i ever had before, it all seems so weird to lose so much and yet be ok !
        God has been good to us through all of it,, in our case we have a relationship with God that not even total destruction could shake,,,,,, i told my wife several weeks ago,,, I think i know how Job felt,,,, i came with nothing i will leave with nothing , but in between is God ,, sometimes i just have to step back and watch! This is one of those times for me to get out of the way and watch what he can do!

Comment

Man, so sorry to read this but heart warmed with your positive attitude. God bless you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Man, so sorry to read this but heart warmed with your positive attitude. God bless you and your family.
            I agree...excellent attitude and impactful testimony.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. Moments like this truly put us into perspective

Comment

Prayers for you sir....My grandpa always told me "Boy, if you think you have it bad, just look around and I guarantee you that someone has it worse than you think you do."

Good luck sir!

Comment

Thank you for offering some perspective on this Christmas. God bless you sir!

Comment

Good luck to you and all the other folks impacted by Harvey.

Comment

Prayers Up for Y'all.

Comment

Prayers sent for y'all. Almost Job-ian testing, alright. Great attitude!

Comment

Prayers sent. Your attitude is amazing.

Comment

Prayers sent, and God Bless you and yours.

Comment

Prayers for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X