No announcement yet.

Breaking the Snuff Habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the same boat myself, I told myself that this can of Copenhagen that I have in my pocket is going to be my last. I just don't want to dip anymore. Been doing it for around 20 years now. I have enough to last me through today and am going fishing tomorrow. We will see how that turns out. I seriously just don't want it anymore, my body on the other hand, is going to have objections to that. Good luck bud, I know I'm gonna need it as well.

Comment

Keep it up. Three months clean for me.

Comment

I was hooked for 20 years. I quit cold turkey 9 years ago and haven't looked back. You have to want to quit to make it work. Don't do it for anyone but yourself. I had tried other times because of others requests. That doesn't work.

Comment

Starting chewing in 1974. Been a can a day of Cope ever since. Maybe one of these day i'll quit. Its getting expensive.

Comment

Well T Bird, how's it going for You? And the others who quit. How are you Doing? Let's hear some more success stories. For those who are still trying to quit, how can we encourage you to put an end to tobacco? There are a bunch of us here who have successfully quit. Post up how you are doing now.

Comment

Try a match, the green colored tip ones. They helped me quit chewing. And they are cheap

Comment

I am a quitter! After 35 years of snuff I quit last mother's day cold turkey. I knew I was running out and would be without Sunday morning but didn't go buy any. It was spur of the moment and didn't tell anyone for 3 days. God did try me on the first day but I didn't loose my cool and didn't need bail money ( it took 1.5 hours to get a hamburger going to 3 different locations). I felt like a junky and had hallucinations the first week. I still reach for it every once in a while, especially after a meal and there are times I think "I sure could use a dip right now". As others have said you have to want to quit. I "tried" several times but I really enjoyed a dip of Copenhagen until I finally quit.

Comment

Go suck on a cat **** anytime you have a craving. That'll knock it out pretty quick! They're equally disgusting. Wow the **** word rhymes with bird.

Comment

I dipped since i was in second grade. I quit 11 years ago. Wellbutrin was the trick for me to quit. I don't recommend it though because of the side effects (dreams ect) I still think about dipping a lot but wont do it because i hate the control it had on me. Good luck and don't listen to your inner voices of reason trying to justify how one dip wont hurt.

Comment

Nothing about quitting tobacco is easy. It's an addition and tough to break. I used nicotine gum for a month. It wasn't the same but kept me from using snuff. I rarely think about it anymore.

Good luck. Don't give in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit 20 months ago after a 37 year habit. Good luck.

Comment

A little over 2 years for me. Granted i still use smoky mountain on a daily basis. Down to a can every 3/4 days. Smoke a couple cigars a week. Have no interest in real snuff.

Comment

I quit last June. Hardest thing I ever had to do. Wish I would have 35 years ago.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit cold turkey in Oct 1996, still tobacco free to this day. I quit because I thought it was getting to expensive at 80 cents a can.

Comment

Thought I'd bring up a zombie thread since I didn't want to start a new one just to brag. As of 5/14/2020 I am officially at one year snuff free after an 18 year habit.

Comment

Working...
                                X