No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the weather cooperates I'm dusting off the kayak and chasing skinny water reds with my 8 wt. Mon. It's been too long. Can't wait.

Comment

Fun times in Colorado over the weekend.

More Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        Why didn't you listen to me when I talked to your club a few months ago. I told you guys to start using bigger flies and you would start catching bigger fish more consistently.
        Because that was the first meeting I've gone to with them. My dad is a member and knew I'd be interested in going that night.

What all did you cover with them I'll have to ask my dad if he was at that meeting

Comment

Ask Russell, the president of the club. He's been killing some big bass after he tried some of the stuff out.

Comment

Som Texas Trash On The Fly

Comment

Ross F1 #5

Great reel for large rods in the 10-12 wt class or spey rods. Capacity is 275 yards with 10 wt line per Ross's website. Reel is in near perfect condition being used only a half dozen times. Retails at $650

I will pay shipping to the lower 48
              Asking $425
              Would consider trades for a Ross F1 #3 in black and equal condition

Has warranty card and neoprene case.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

These little footballs are fun on the fly!
                Attached Files

Comment

The action is picking up on the river this fall. One big perk of moving back home is that I can scratch my trout itch any time again now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

what river to you mostly fish Razr?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      what river to you mostly fish Razr?
                      I fish the Little Red 90% of the time since its close to the house.

I really like to fish the White but I haven't near as much these last several years since the "real world" hit me. Driving from Texarkana all the way up to the White was a beating, but I'm 2.75 hours closer now so it'll be more doable next summer. One of my college buddies recently moved back to Marion county so having a free place to crash up there leaves me with no excuse not to trout bum a little after duck season goes out.

Comment

I'm a better flyfisherman than bowhunter. Here is a few from this year.

Comment

Originally posted by scissorhands View Post
                          I'm a better flyfisherman than bowhunter. Here is a few from this year.

I'm going to have to pick your mind in a set up, especially since you fish some of the same waters as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                            I fish the Little Red 90% of the time since its close to the house.

I really like to fish the White but I haven't near as much these last several years since the "real world" hit me. Driving from Texarkana all the way up to the White was a beating, but I'm 2.75 hours closer now so it'll be more doable next summer. One of my college buddies recently moved back to Marion county so having a free place to crash up there leaves me with no excuse not to trout bum a little after duck season goes out.
                            Good deal, I love the Little Red. Its a lot easier of a drive from Dallas than the white. Don't get to fish it near as much as I use to but hope to be up there sometime this late fall early winter.
                            Last edited by CTR0022; 10-26-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I struggle between being a Bowhunter and a fly fisherman!

Comment

Not trying to hijack thread, but if anyone is looking for Fly Fishing gear I have some for sale. 2 rod and reel setups.

PM me and we can discuss....
                                thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X