First Time Rifle Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Rifle Blind Build

This is my first time at DIY'ing my own rifle blind. Its 4 x 8 x 6 feet off the ground to the floor. The box is 6.5 feet at the front x 6 feet at the back to add a bit of slope for runoff. Still have a few things to get it finished up, but so far, so good. Once I get the last 2 shutters in place, Im going to paint it. Ive built it so that it can come apart in sections, because I will have to carry it into the woods by hand, and reassemble it.
    Attached Files

looks good

Comment

Looking great

Comment

Looks good! Where did you get your leg kit at? Also I'm interested to see how your windows stay up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang nice build sir. I would have personally invested in some Deerview windows to complete such a fine project.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            Looks good! Where did you get your leg kit at? Also I'm interested to see how your windows stay up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            I got the leg brackets at Academy. I think you can also get them from Home Depot. Theyre from a company named "Elevators".
            Still not sure on how im gonna hold the windows open. Maybe a cable system of some sort.

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            Dang nice build sir. I would have personally invested in some Deerview windows to complete such a fine project.
            I would love to put some deerviews in it. Just not in the budget right now. I know Ive way over-built this thing, so it should last, so maybe in the future...

Comment

I couldn't help but notice one mistake.......bud light?!

Just kidding. Nice blind sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job!

Comment

I've used something like this, with good results, to hold window shutters up.

Comment

Looking good! That will be a great blind

Comment

Yup that looks good!

Comment

The old tried and true string and nail trick works perfect for the windows.

Comment

Working...
                        X