Shooting to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting to the left

Having a problem with my shots. At 10 yards I'm shooting bulleyes but at 20, 35 & 40 my shots are landing between 1 1/2 inches left with no change in the elevation. Is 10 yards to close to set windage?

It's your grip most likely

Comment

Have you paper tuned? Shoot one at 7,10, and 13. See if your arrow is walking side to side.

Comment

could also be the center shot, it will show up more at longer distances. sounds like you need to go through a walk-back session to check everything out.

but like tex stated the bow could be perfectly tuned and you could just have some good old fashioned torque problems.

Comment

Paper test it
          Shooting to the left is usually canting your bow.
          Ron

Comment

Check your sight for level. It isn't as improtant a 10 or 20yds but will show up at 30 or 40yds.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
              Check your sight for level. It isn't as improtant a 10 or 20yds but will show up at 30 or 40yds.
              That's my question as well. Do you have a level on your sight and do you use it?

Comment

I have a spot hogg right on sight and the level is showing perfectly in the middle when I take my shot.

Comment

May be canting or even a little torque with your grip. If you rule that out, may need to slide your rest over to the left just a hair.

Comment

Is this a bow that has been previously tuned and shooting well or is it something you are trying to get tuned?

Might post all the other info as well like bow spec's and arrow spec's too.

Comment

problem solved

Comment

Working...
                      X