Shooting low??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting low??

My bow has been shooting absolutely lights out. This morning I go out and I'm shooting 4" low!!! WTH!? Obviously I changed something but I can't figure it out. What can you change in your form that will make you shoot low? I don't think I'm dropping my bow arm unless it's subconscious.

string broke in?

Comment

Are you holding your bow up until your arrow hits the target? When I start shooting low that is my first go to thought and normally fixes the problem.

Comment

more than likely you are not following through and dropping your bow arm. this happens to me some time when i don't set my shoulder like i should, which results in me deploying muscles to do the work instead. happens to the best from time to time so don't get down on yourself. a string breaking in will be a compounding effect, they just don't let go all at once and cause your vertical 0 to be adjusted 2" plus in one session. everything here points to a form issue, what ever you do don't let your low misses manifest into punching the trigger to curtail the problem. you were obviously shooting well in previous sessions so you just need to get that back.

the only other possibility would be that you were initially "heeling" the grip and sighted 0 in with pre-load on the bow. this will cause high poi; conversely if you suddenly got out of the bow your previous 0 would now result in a low poi.

Comment

Release anchor point? If you anchor a little higher than normal it might shoot low.

Comment

did you put your arrows on the ground? It was wet this morning and the added weight of the water on your arrow will make it drop? Other wise look at your form and shot follow thru.

Comment

Peep sliding on your string? or not tied on above and below peep?

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                This. Or maybe your d-loop or knock has slipped. I've seen that happen before.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                  That was my first thought....your peep might have moved.

Comment

Im going to go out and try again and focus especially on following through. I just quit earlier cuz I was getting frustrated.

Comment

Well I was dropping my bow arm without realizing it. I fixed that and it's on. I don't where that came from overnight like it did.

Comment

Originally posted by ETABNT View Post
                        did you put your arrows on the ground? It was wet this morning and the added weight of the water on your arrow will make it drop? Other wise look at your form and shot follow thru.

Comment

If I shoot when my body is tired from working all day I have to really focus on holding my bow are up and I typically don't shoot very many to keep from forming bad habits.

Comment

If your group changes it should still be the same size group. If it is scattered it is probably you. If it is still tight but has moved, it will be equipment.

Comment

Working...
                            X