mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
    what kind of mustard? Regular old yellow? Gonna try this with my neighbor at the end of the month.

Regular mustard. 1 can of salt. 16oz chicken paste. Lots Lemons & onions . 5 garlic cloves. 16 oz lawrys season salt. Tube of butter or 8 sticks.

We did 5 lbs of hot good ole boys seasoning. Next sack we will try 3 lbs. it was loaded. Hot but awesome.

Comment

What does the chicken paste do, just flavor?

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
        What does the chicken paste do, just flavor?

No idea. What the recipe calls for

Comment

Went to a boil yesterday and my buddy just poured mustard over them when he stuck em in the ice chest and stirred them up. For someone who HATES mustard they were dang good. I will be trying your method next time I cook some.

Comment

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

We tried this yday for the masters and tweaked it just a little bit but i will cook them this way everytime from now on. In my slurry I put 5 lbs of slap yo mama boil (all I could get my hands on yday) some lemons, a stick of butter, a bunch of minced garlic, 3/4 gallon of mustard, 1.5 big bottles of liquid crab boil. Put lemons and a couple sticks of butter in the "clean water", cooked them in that till the first couple started floating and dumped them in the slurry, soak for 20 and dug in....they got better as the 4 of us battled through 32 lbs. Won't do them the old way anymore!!
            Last edited by Mossback; 04-13-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
              We tried this yday for the masters and tweaked it just a little bit but i will cook them this way everytime from now on. In my slurry I put 5 lbs of slap yo mama boil (all I could get my hands on yday) some lemons, a stick of butter, a bunch of minced garlic, 3/4 gallon of mustard, 1.5 big bottles of liquid crab boil. Put lemons and a couple sticks of butter in the "clean water", cooked them in that till the first couple started floating and dumped them in the slurry, soak for 20 and dug in....they got better as the 4 of us battled through 32 lbs. Won't do them the old way anymore!!
              big bottles as in "gallon size"

that stuff will peel paint it's so potent

Comment

How much liquid did you have in the slurry?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  big bottles as in "gallon size"

that stuff will peel paint it's so potent

No, not the tiny bottles but the next one....I think a gallon of that stuff might eat you from the inside out

Comment

We did some for Easter and they were great. Really was surprised of the Mustard. Gave them a nice kick.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                      How much liquid did you have in the slurry?

Water? Dunno close to 5 gallons, didn't measure just kinda put close to 5 gallons in there and heated it up.

Comment

Man I hate to make Breezers head any bigger.... but, tagged for later.
                        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Water? Dunno close to 5 gallons, didn't measure just kinda put close to 5 gallons in there and heated it up.
                          Thanks... close enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Do you cook the veggies etc...with the bugs or toss them into the cooler with the hot water?
                            X2

Comment

Highly suggest adding mushrooms and brusselspouts to the mix too...they were $$$

Comment

tag

Comment

Working...
                                X