This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement: We've Been Taken Advantage Of

It appears that we have all been "duped" regarding a purported illness to one of our members, although to what extent and for what reason still remains to be determined.

First, this is a rapidly developing situation, so please be patient while we attempt to sort it all out.

Secondly, although this has impacted almost all of us, it is a VERY sensitive situation for a few that were closest to it and fully emotionally invested, and I ask that you would be respectful of those members by not making light of the events that have transpired over the last few weeks. One member, specifically, is likely devastated that he may have been used to unknowing propagate the deception.

Please also note that "Jennifer" (who likely seems to be a "character" in the charade) is NOT a member of this site, and specifically PLEASE do not confuse her with our long time and highly respected Nurse Jenn.

We have been monitoring the thread for some time due to some "red flags" that were raised as the "story" unfolded, but we attempted to remain sensitive to the explanations that, in theory, could be deemed reasonable. This was the reason we have "tabled" any discussion of fundraisers, auctions, etc. until we could vet the validity of the situation and determine a true need.

We will attempt to update the situation as it unfolds, but I suspect we may never get the real truth as to whether this has been an exaggeration or a full blown fabrication and what was the motivation behind it.

Let me point out again, this is a serious and sensitive issue for the site and many of our members. I'm going to ask you to refrain from "snarky" comments, "I told you so's" and "sly" references.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Some things just make you go hmm.

Comment

Some people need prayers in one way or another. GS always takes the high road in these situations.

Comment

Thanx Micheal.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW is all I got!

Comment

Well at the end of the day, theres still an illness.

Redirected prayers for those involved.

Comment

thanks for the update

Comment

Un-Fn-believable that’s really all I have

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Wow, not sure what to think about this. I hope we find out the real story. I do want to recognize the prayer warriors that are on this forum and just know my hats off to all of you! You guys and gals are a great bunch and hope that when I need a few prayers yall can send em my way.

Comment

Can not help but be sad for the good folks that were closest to this.
                    Sad news

Comment

Wow is all I can say

Comment

What a great bunch of people on here even if it was a complete hoax. Everyone was concerned.

Comment

Was this about he texas tornado thread?

Comment

Wow, more prayers for Courtney, for completely different reasons. More prayers for Brandon for all sorts of new reasons, and prayers for the rest of the green screen who were in any way involved. My prayer is for us to be able to forgive as Christ does us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                              Was this about he texas tornado thread?

Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X