Baby Back Ribs on Electric Smoker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Ribs on Electric Smoker ?

Tried them & turned out very tasty. They weren’t fall off the bone tender. Says you have to get them to about 180-190 F internal temp to get them that tender. I could only get mine to 150ish internal temp. I followed the 2-2-1 method on one slab. Two hours on rack oncovered. Then two hours wrapped in foil (also sprayed them with apple juice). Then followed with basting bbq sauce & 1 more hour uncovered on rack. I actually went another 20-30 minutes trying to get internal temp up. I smoked at 225 F with hickory chips. Can y’all get them to fall off tender? What’s the trick?

Needs to be 3-2-1.

Comment

Mine are not quite fall off tender, but there is nothing left but bare bone when we are done eating! I cook them on my Bradley Digital electric smoker for 4hrs at 210. 2hrs smoke + 2hrs cook, unwrapped the whole time. I spritz with Apple juice every hour, and coat with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce 30 minutes before pulling and eating

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        Tried them & turned out very tasty. They weren’t fall off the bone tender. Says you have to get them to about 180-190 F internal temp to get them that tender. I could only get mine to 150ish internal temp. I followed the 2-2-1 method on one slab. Two hours on rack oncovered. Then two hours wrapped in foil (also sprayed them with apple juice). Then followed with basting bbq sauce & 1 more hour uncovered on rack. I actually went another 20-30 minutes trying to get internal temp up. I smoked at 225 F with hickory chips. Can y’all get them to fall off tender? What’s the trick?
        I start off with them wrapped

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

3-2-1

Comment

I use 3-2-1 also in my Bradley original and they fall off the bone!

Comment

Masterbuilt suggested reducing to 2-2-1 with single slab is why I went that route. They recommended 3-2-1 for more than one slab. 3-2-1 it is next time I smoke sone. Anything else you suggest on this method or stick with same steps by starting unwrapped on rack for 3, then wrap in foil for 2 & finish up unwrapped for last hour

Comment

Masterbuilt suggested reducing to 2-2-1 with single slab is why I went that route. They recommended 3-2-1 for more than one slab. 3-2-1 it is next time I smoke sone. Anything else you suggest on this method or stick with same steps by starting unwrapped on rack for 3, then wrap in foil for 2 & finish up unwrapped for last hour
                Get an oven temp gauge to see if they are cooking at the right temp. Just a guess but mine cooks 10 to 15 degrees below what I have the temp set at.

Comment

Honestly I go about 4-2. At around 230°-240°

Comment

You’re on the right track. Just have to practice and get your timing down to the type of ribs you like. I’m not a big fan of the fall off the bone ribs. I’ll eat them if someone else made them but for me I like them tender but to still have a little pull to them. Practicing is part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X