Light or no light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light or no light

So on moonlight walks to the stand do you use a light even if you don't need one? Which spooks the deer less? Light or human figure moving through the woods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No expert but I would think the light would. If I can see where I'm going I don't use a light.

Comment

I drive the ranger with the radio on and light bar on bright, right up to the stand.

Just kidding. I only use a light when there is no moon and I don't want to step on a snake. If I can see the path good enough, then no light for me

Comment

No light for me. If its a new area and I just have to have a light, I have a little green penlight that I use. No big flashlight.

Comment

I pretty much always use a light. Deer seem to be more scared of noise and movement than light in my experience.

Comment

No light...but they see you before a light

I walked opening weekend with my thermal in hand. Bumped 4 deer and they saw me, never had a light on

Comment

I always use a light.
              Deer dont seem to mind much where im at. They stare at you and walk off 10-20 yards and turn and stare.
              I carry they light for one reason. pigs.
              They are all over and you will literally walk right over one if you cant see them.
              Opening morning, i walked up within 20 yards of a lone boar at my feeder before i even knew he was there.

Comment

I rarely use a light and if I do it is red.

Comment

I use a red light

Comment

A red light. I've walk close to deer while shining a red light in their face. They don't see the light, but I don't think they can see me either when shining the red light at them. I once had a buck almost run over me while I was shining a Q-Beam with a red lens cover on it. I literately had to move out of his way to avoid getting hit. He never knew I was there until he passed the light.

Comment

No light on full moons.

No light on new moons either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        No light on full moons.

No light on new moons either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                        This

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                          This
                          X2

Comment

no light is my preference

red light is my max and usually i walk with it in a clenched fist with light only beaming whats in front of me. I shot a nice deer a few years back on a bright night like this weekend, i went in a couple of hours early, circled the ranch and literally took almost 20 minutes to walk 150 yards. I'd slowly walk against a tree back drop 10-15 and stop . . . . then go another 10 and stop

was irritating and tried my patience but paid off

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                              no light is my preference

red light is my max and usually i walk with it in a clenched fist with light only beaming whats in front of me. I shot a nice deer a few years back on a bright night like this weekend, i went in a couple of hours early, circled the ranch and literally took almost 20 minutes to walk 150 yards. I'd slowly walk against a tree back drop 10-15 and stop . . . . then go another 10 and stop

was irritating and tried my patience but paid off
                              I never use a light but I might try the red light now. I don't want to step on any snakes walking in.

Comment

Working...
                              X