If DODGE is such a great truck.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post

There was a study once that associated brand loyalty with vehicles, beer, "die hard football fans, etc with people that were not satisfied with their lives.

They replaced personal goals and accomplishment with inexplicable loyalty to companies and teams to create a false sense of pride and success based on others' status and success.
    Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Yeah I heard about that study too Bobby.

Conducted by a Texan's fan if I'm not mistaken?
    Good Stuff Fellas...
    Attached Files

Comment

I've never owned a dodge. I have no problem with them except when their mirrors cause me to run off the road to keep from hitting them. Oh and the "if you can't dodge it Ram it" sticker on the back windshield. That's probably just Cowboy fans rocking that sticker though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
        It's how I roll

Trolling for rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Wing R/C View Post
          Had one new Dodge P/U. One and done. Mine was a cursed from the begging.
          Reminds me of vasectomy threads. All the people who got lucky and didn't have complications want to tell others how easy it is and to go for it. Just ignore the guy curled up in the corner crying.

Ford, Chevy, and Dodge may all suck but I have never known any Toyota's to be lemons or fall apart like Fords, Chevys, or Dodges.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          There was a study once that associated brand loyalty with vehicles, beer, "die hard football fans, etc with people that were not satisfied with their lives. They replaced personal goals and accomplishment with inexplicable loyalty to companies and teams to create a false sense of pride and success based on others' status and success.
          That's kind of a slap in the face to some.

Comment

I use to drive Dodge trucks. No major problems with either any of the Diesels other than common stuff. Where you can see why they are cheaper is in the cosmetics and suspension. Ride like a dang chuck wagon, dash is broken into 300000000 pieces, center console is broke, half of the electrical stuff doesn't work right. But I put a lot of miles on the with few issues mechanically.

Now we get t my LAST Dodge, I stopped at the pet store to get a kennel, food, bowls, etc... for a new dog we had just bought. Me and my 3 year old daughter get out of the truck and barely make it into the store when there is an announcement over the loud speaker. "To whoever drives the big blue dodge, your truck is smoking." By the time I get outside, maybe 2 minutes after getting out of the truck it is on fire. Electrical problem, just like the other handful of small electrical problems that all of my Dodges had over time. If I would have been driving and feeding it more oxygen no telling how bad the outcome would have been. Switched to Ford a week later and will never go back. Way better ride, nothing falls apart, and they haven't ever had a problem.

Comment

I'm not loyal to any of brand of truck/car. They all have their quirks and drawbacks. But, with that said. I am driving the first Dodge truck (07 1500 5.7L 4x4) and it will be my last. Between that and the Jeep Liberty that my wife had, it's been a constant battle to keep them both on the road for any length of time with having to fix something. Window motors, ac compressors, water pumps, tranny shift solenoids, front end problems (not covered under recalls) etc. Now I have no real complaint about the motors themselves as they do seem to run good. It's just all the other stuff around it that keeps pooping the bed. This is and will be my last Chrysler product as the 2 that I've owned have left a very bad taste in my mouth. That's just my opinion, based on my personal experience.

When we bought my wifes truck earlier this year (14 F-150), she was antimate about looking at the Dodge's in spite of what our experience was with the product. I simply told her that since it was her truck, I'm not going to tell her yes or no about buying it. BUT, if she decided to buy one, that she better have a good mechanic on speed dial, the money to pay him, and she had to handle getting it repaired. I would have nothing to do with it, period. She decided on the Ford.

Comment

Isn't the answer kind of common sense? The more of a product sold the more it will be out there on the market for sale again. When you buy a new dodge that old one has to be sold somewhere.

Comment

On my second Dodge 4x4 with nairy a problem with either. Sold my '06 to buy my current '11.

I did have to replace the battery on the '06 one summer.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      Ford should not be in existence for the obamanation they put out between 03.5 until 2011.
                      We have three of these, two diesels and one gas and they all suck for the must part. The gas one has been the better of the three surprisingly.

Comment

Not a dodge guy, but I am very tempted to try out a dodge 3/4 ton... I haul a gooseneck every once in a while, and my f150 can do it with no problem... But I'd like to see what the cummins is all about.

Comment

My problem with Dodge trucks is they are ugly.

Comment

I have owned Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. They all had their own issues and all of them had been in the shop. It all boils down to personal preference. I will say that the Chevy is the only one that I didn't get rid of for problems, it just got old and worn out.

Comment

My favorite Dodge from my younger days!

I got to visit a lot of judges when I drove this one.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Hes just running his mouth like the rest lol.

I find that 99% of folks who slam dodge and Ram, havent ever even owned one. My last one has 160k+ on it. I wanted a new one and bought one last september (happy birthday to me ) and me and my wife love it. Fully loaded 1500 with the hemi and 4x4. Folks need to realize the recall is on the older trucks. 2012 was the newest one I think. At least they are doing something about it, unlike ford who just stuck folks with the 6.broke and 6.4 haha
                                This ^^^^.......... Funny how the rodeo grounds are full of Dodges pulling trailers isn't it? My last Dodge had 275,000 on it and I sold it to the first TBH member that saw it and he has no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X